Cut-off statistics box on TV screen

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I have been putting up with this for years. 3 or 4 of our TV’s, no matter what I try, have the information box (team score, balls/strikes, etc) cut off. I have tried everything on the remote, even called verizon. Nothing seems to get the whole screen on some of my TVs. Its like it’s too zoomed-in.

Anyone have this? Any solution?

1667354086155.jpeg

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #2  
See if the TVs have a screen format setting in their setups.
Some will different geometries, like 16:9, 4:3 or others like widescreen, zoom, normal or letterbox.
Give that a try.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #3  
I'd try what he said. Most modern TVs have a setting for that.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen
I’ve tried that

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #5  
I have been putting up with this for years. 3 or 4 of our TV’s, no matter what I try, have the information box (team score, balls/strikes, etc) cut off. I have tried everything on the remote, even called verizon. Nothing seems to get the whole screen on some of my TVs. Its like it’s too zoomed-in.

Anyone have this? Any solution?

View attachment 768796
I have a several Samsung TVs and don't have that issue. I view over the air antenna and streaming video from a ROKU box.

Is your TV connected to a cable or dish box by chance?
If so, I'd check the aspect ratios on that device first.
If you don't have a cable or dish box, it's a setting on the TV itself.

Do you stream video from a box, or is it a smart TV with built in streaming capabilities?

Hope those suggestions help.

On a similar note, a couple weeks ago, my mother in-law showed me one of her TVs that the picture is getting cut off on similar to your example.

She has 2 TVs. One has a large cable box and the other has a small cable box. The one that has the picture cut off is on the small cable box. I moved the small cable box to the other TV and the picture was then cut off on that TV. Something changed in the little cable box. I played around with the aspect ratios on the small box to no avail. So I reset the small cable box back to factory settings and the picture returned to normal.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #6  
Haydude, I’ve had that problem in the past also. It’s been several years ago that it was happening. I don’t believe I ever found a solution either. I believe we had cable TV at the time and it was just certain channels that did it, usually sports like your picture.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #7  
Haydude, I’ve had that problem in the past also. It’s been several years ago that it was happening. I don’t believe I ever found a solution either. I believe we had cable TV at the time and it was just certain channels that did it, usually sports like your picture.
Same here. I don't know what the deal was, but there were a couple channels that just ran off the edges. Fiddling with the tv aspect ratio made it bad differently, but it was never right. I think it was coming that way from the cable company, when they switched over to digital transmission it was OK.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #8  
Oak tree, that just rang a bell. I think it’s when an HD channel is broadcast or watched on a non HD setup if that makes any sense. Say Fox is broadcasting HD signal and the cable company isn’t setup for it or your TV isn’t.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #9  
Can also be a problem with HDMI cable settings if using an external cable/streaming box.

/ Cut-off statistics box on TV screen #10  
Oak tree, that just rang a bell. I think it’s when an HD channel is broadcast or watched on a non HD setup if that makes any sense. Say Fox is broadcasting HD signal and the cable company isn’t setup for it or your TV isn’t.
This. I had the same problem for a while. I never had gotten HD package from Directv. Finally had to upgrade to HD and the problem went away.