CX2510 No Start - SOLVED

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #1  

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Hello everyone,

I was moving my CX2510 HST yesterday and it started briefly for about 2 seconds and then died. Turning the key does not engage the starter although I do see the dash and gauges light up as usual. I called the dealer and they said I could jump the starter to fire it up. I tried that and couldn't get it to start. The engine cranks but doesn't fire up. Are all the safety switches (seat/clutch) only on the starter circuit or do all those still need to be working in order for it to fire up? Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #2  
If you are jumping across the starter, the safety switches do not need to be working - the safety module can be faulty and still start the tractor via starter jumping.
Usually when safety modules or switches are bad, you won't get a crank at all.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #3  
I think they would, but I’m not certain. What if you have someone sitting in the seat when you jump the starter? Also it’s possible that a relay is malfunctioning so check those. How many hours on the tractor? Is it stored out of the elements? Keep us posted

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED
I think they would, but I’m not certain. What if you have someone sitting in the seat when you jump the starter? Also it’s possible that a relay is malfunctioning so check those. How many hours on the tractor? Is it stored out of the elements? Keep us posted

85 hours on the tractor, stored in a barn. I was sitting on the tractor with the clutch and brake depressed, transmission in neutral. My son did the starter jumping.

If you are jumping across the starter, the safety switches do not need to be working - the safety module can be faulty and still start the tractor via starter jumping.
Usually when safety modules or switches are bad, you won't get a crank at all.

So I assume that means there's a fuel cut solenoid to shut the tractor off?

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #6  
Yes, there is a fuel cut off solenoid. You should here a "click" when the key is turned on / off.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #7  
Last edited:
I called the dealer service department today. He told me if I ran the glow plugs for 30 seconds and jumped the starter it'd fire right up. Anyone want to guess if this worked? 🙄

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #9  
I called the dealer service department today. He told me if I ran the glow plugs for 30 seconds and jumped the starter it'd fire right up. Anyone want to guess if this worked? 🙄
Are you getting anything at all when you jump starter? Or no crank?

It cranks, does not fire up. Seems like a fueling issue but I don't know where to begin on verifying things there.