Daedong CK30 - Transmission PTO

/ Daedong CK30 - Transmission PTO #1  

AndyCee

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Hi Guys,

Longtime reader - first time poster.

A couple of years ago I purchased a Daedong CK30 - approx. 2004 build with 700 hours - geared with synchro shuttle shift. It was perfect for my small 5 acre horse property, where it basically just had to drag a harrow, box blade and stick rake ... and move some dirt with the FEL. It is a great tractor.

We are now moving to a larger 50 acre property, and I will be needing it to power some machines - namely a flail mower (currently on page 290 of the flail mower megathread! ... soo much info). When purchased I didn't really consider or look into this kind of stuff ... I also didn't look at the proprietary quick attach on the Ansung FEL ... but more about that in another thread.

Checking the specs on the PTO, it's listed as dry dual clutch with transmission PTO.

As I don't have access to a PTO machine to test, is this a dual clutch system - half way for gears, full down for PTO? ... or am I going to have to get an overrun clutch to make this work effectively?

Any assistance, info and advice appreciated

Thanks

Andy

2020-02-01-04_25_54-Daedong-Kioti-Tractor.png

/ Daedong CK30 - Transmission PTO #2  
That tractor has what is known as Live PTO. It was very desirable back in the day before independent PTO was on the market. It has 2 different speeds, 540rpm and 1000rpm. The dual clutch works as you described. You should not need a overrun clutch as it has a built in one way bearing. Nice tractor and congratulations on your new property.