Oil & Fuel Damaged fuel line on MF2410

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
I smelled fuel and noticed a fuel sheen on the driveway today while cleaning off the almost 12" we got overnight. I parked it and saw fuel coating the left side of the engine but saw no leak. I started the engine back up and saw diesel spraying out the fuel line just below the metal clamp leading to the filter. The line appears to be 12-15" long and goes inside the plastic wire covering.

Not a mechanic, I have a few questions.

Is that line easy to replace?
Can I take that off and get replacement line at NAPA or equivalent?
Why would it get a pin hole? Normal?

Thanks

Attachments

• image-952714777.jpg
    image-952714777.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 237
   / Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #2  
If the line is clamped at both ends, then it should be easy to remove it. Take it to a NAPA or equivalent shop to have them cut you a length (the specs of the line will be printed, a number of times, on the line).

I would say that a pinhole occurring is normal simply due to vibration stress. Vibration is also why nuts & bolts work their way loose.

It happens. :confused3:

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #3  
I smelled fuel and noticed a fuel sheen on the driveway today while cleaning off the almost 12" we got overnight. I parked it and saw fuel coating the left side of the engine but saw no leak. I started the engine back up and saw diesel spraying out the fuel line just below the metal clamp leading to the filter. The line appears to be 12-15" long and goes inside the plastic wire covering.

Not a mechanic, I have a few questions.

Is that line easy to replace?
Can I take that off and get replacement line at NAPA or equivalent?
Why would it get a pin hole? Normal?

Thanks

I know this Ghost Thread is about 3 years old, but I'm bringing it back to life, as I believe I have the exact same pin hole fuel leak as Pixguy had.

I was searching thru my repair manual thinking I would replace all of the rubber fuel lines since my tractor is over 10 years old with 660 hours, but it appears MF has lots of short/medium/long hoses...

I think I'll cut/shorten the hose (about 1.5") to remove the pin hole leak and reconnect the hose to the existing for right now to repair the fuel leak so I can finish snowblowing tomorrow.

I would appreciate others to comment about this issue and the repairs that you have made.

The first pic is where I noticed red dyed diesel drippings on the snow, maybe hard to see.

The second pic is similar to Pixguy's pic but shows a tiny stream coming out of the rubber fuel line just above the throttle cable and going to the left while the tractors running.

The third pic is a close up that might be easier to see the red dyed diesel drippings on the snow.

I also believe the pin hole leak is located where the split wire wrap material stops, and MF taped this area with electrical tape.

Thanks, KC

20200210_155059.jpg 20200210_152813_resized.jpg 20200210_155114.jpg

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #4  
I have a GC2610 that had the same problem. I didn't look close enough and bought a piece of hose to replace the wrong piece. I ended up just cutting off a bit and re-installing it on the fitting. That was at least eight months ago, no problems since.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #5  
You know I am going to take a look at mine now-for several years now and again I see a tiny puddle of diesel right under the same spot. Im going out check the hose out this weekend.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #6  
Today I cut about 1.5" off of the fuel line and reconnected it, size maybe metric but looks like 1/4" diameter will work.

The pin hole leak looks like it came from a crack along the hose (another crack is 180 degrees around to the other side).

First pic is of the identification markings along the fuel line.

Second and third pics are of the removed damaged piece of the fuel line, showing cracks (or cuts?) along the hose (the deepest crack is where the leak was).

KC

20200211_133310.jpg 20200211_191024.jpg 20200211_191039.jpg

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #7  
That seems to be a common failure point. I had a similar small leak on my GC2400 right where the fuel hose connects to the fitting and cut off about the same amount and reattached it. I'll have to keep an eye on it as it probably will happen again based on these reports.

=Vic=

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #8  
It appears from my MF Parts Book that there are 2 rubber hose fuel lines going to the engine.

It seems the one I have a problem with is MF # 4264890M91:

07mm (0.275") I.D. x 12mm (0.472") O.D. x 800mm (31.5") long and it connects to the fuel pump that's located under the floor panel.

The other rubber hose is a MF # 6250349M91:

06mm (0.236") I.D. x 10mm (0.393") O.D. x 1900mm (75") long and it appears to connect to the top of the fuel tank.

I believe I may get a piece of replacement hose and a hose coupler with clamps and replace as much of the line as possible without for now.

After some more research, I discovered the fuel pump is located under the screen in the center of the platform. To access the fuel pump, remove the plastic cowling behind the steering column.

I am in the process of identifying all of the rubber type fuel lines and will try to list the I.D. x O.D. x Length of each hose.

The reason I'm working towards replacement of all of the fuel lines is the original MF fuel lines look more like a thin vacuum hose instead of the normal thicker fuel lines that I'm use to.

KC

Last edited:
   / Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #9  
When I did mine GC2600 I took the floor pan off and the screen under the dash it made it a lot easier to get to. It will need a good cleaning also (grass clippings and mice nest) under there. I wanted to replace it with the correct fuel line metric also, went to Massey, Napa and then Kubota and none of them had it they all said to use the 1/4 inch hose so I did its been on there probably a year and no problems so far I would say mine was a fairly easy job and like yours and the others mine started leaking at the same spot I cut it off and slipped it back on and ran it a few months before I replaced it. I bought the tractor new 2011, at the time I replaced the fuel line I would say 600 hrs.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #10  
When I did mine GC2600 I took the floor pan off and the screen under the dash it made it a lot easier to get to. It will need a good cleaning also (grass clippings and mice nest) under there. I wanted to replace it with the correct fuel line metric also, went to Massey, Napa and then Kubota and none of them had it they all said to use the 1/4 inch hose so I did its been on there probably a year and no problems so far I would say mine was a fairly easy job and like yours and the others mine started leaking at the same spot I cut it off and slipped it back on and ran it a few months before I replaced it. I bought the tractor new 2011, at the time I replaced the fuel line I would say 600 hrs.

Yes that would make for great access to also remove the floor panel, but I have a Simms hard sided cab and I did not want to remove the cab in order to remove the floor panel.

What I did was remove the plastic cowling screen under the dash and also the small horizontal screen near the fuel pump which gave me enough access to replace this fuel line from the fuel pump to the engine.

I purchased about 4' of 5/16" I.D. (OEM I.D. was 7mm or 0.275") fuel injection hose with clamps, and 4' of 3/4" split wire loom for the replacement parts.

I installed the new parts as similarly installed by MF, split wire loom around the fuel line hose and electrical taped both ends.

I decided on the 5/16" (0.3125") diameter hose instead of the 1/4" (0.25") hose because the metal tubes that the hose slips over each have a pretty large expanded bell area for the hose.

In the future, I'm going to order and replace only the MF fuel return line parts (#3,4,5,6,7,8) on page 72 shown below as they are located next to the engine and they look like they show wear from heat .

The 3 pages below are from my MF Parts Catalog showing all of the related fuel lines for my tractor with my scribbling's of (mm/inches) inside diameter x outside diameter x length of the fuel related hoses:

View attachment Fuel Line P.72 MF Parts Catalog.pdf View attachment Fuel Line P.96 MF Parts Catalog.pdf View attachment Fuel Line P.100 MF Parts Catalog.pdf

Last edited: