Oil & Fuel Damaged fuel line on MF2410

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #11  
F.Y.I. here are 2 pics.

First pic is the MF OEM fuel line with a pin hole leak, and the second pic is of the replacement fuel line.

Also my wife does not like the smell of my new cologne, "Red dyed Off Road #1 Winter Blend Diesel".

KC

20200210_152813_resized.jpg 20200214_113220.jpg

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #12  
I'm bringing this old thread back to life because it appears a few are having a fuel hose leaking on their GC's.

After fixing my leak from 2 years ago, I have not had any fuel leak problems, purchased most replacement fuel lines from MF (for near the engine) but still have not installed them...

Hope this helps a little,

KC

Last edited:
   / Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #13  
And in case people didn't see it... My 2310 had a leak in almost the same spot back in 2013 -- a bit lower, however. Interestingly, I couldn't see the damage until I squeezed the line -- then saw the vertical split.

I just cut out that last 2"+ section, spliced in a piece of 1/4" copper tube, re-used a good section of hose to re-connect. It does, however, still weep a bit, so that's not the best fix. I really need to replace that whole line!

PS -- I see, by the pic I just took, it's weeping again....

DSC04940.JPG
DSC00486.JPG

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #14  
J
F.Y.I. here are 2 pics.

First pic is the MF OEM fuel line with a pin hole leak, and the second pic is of the replacement fuel line.

Also my wife does not like the smell of my new cologne, "Red dyed Off Road #1 Winter Blend Diesel".

KC

View attachment 641509 View attachment 641510

MF in RED.

I have a leak in exactly the same spot on my GC2610. I just shortened the line to continue working, but would like to replace the entire line.

Do you remember the length of the line? Does it go back to the tank, or the fuel filter?

Your pictures are great, made it easy to know my leak was exactly the same as yours.

Regards

JR

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #15  
MF in RED

I spent a little more time on your attachments and realize now that the line is about 32 inches long and actually goes to the fuel pump, hidden somewhere under the floor panel. I will buy some 1/4 inch line and wait for a nice day to do the replacement.

Once again, thanks for the great pictures and writeup.

JR

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #16  
Hi DJ, yes it seems this has been a very common fuel line failure in the same location for our GC's.

The "fuel injection" hose is a MF # 4264890M91:

07mm (0.275") I.D. x 12mm (0.472") O.D. x 800mm (31.5") long and it connects to the fuel pump that's located under the floor panel.

I would suggest getting just a little bit more hose.

I disconnected the old fuel hose at the pump and then connected the new hose (with the split wire loom already installed with electrical tape) to the old hose with electrical tape and then fished both hoses together to the engine connection.

Good luck, KC

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #17  
3 lines. tank to pump under left floorboard. pump to filter (which broke on mine-trimmed and resealed pump end) then filter to injection pump.
I got all 3 lines just been putting off replacing them. all are brittle.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #18  
My fuel line ziptied to the left bottom framerail by MF was cut after I thought I fully attached my MMM PTO... well, it came off and ended up cutting it. Good thing that heavy armor wire wrap was put on to protect it (j/k). As exposed as thr fuel lines are under the mower, you would think... that it would be better protected. I went to my local Ag Supply store and bought a foot of hose and some clamps, cut the line in half where it was cut, slipped the new hose on yo each end of the cut line, and clamped it on snug. Done deal.

Now to figure out how to put a keyed PTO shaft, onto a non-keyed shaft. This was how I got it new on my 2326 MMM. Pic for ref after some persuasion to get them together. Dealer couldnt grasp that one side was keyed, and the other side wasnt... making it near impossible without damage to get them together. I think I will have to spring for a new half after I figure out if they installed the right shafts together. Do any of you have the same MMM? Is one side of your shaft not keyed (attaches to MMM) and the other half keyed (attaches to tractor PTO)?

Attachments

• 20220522_122635.jpg
    20220522_122635.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220523_165607.jpg
    20220523_165607.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
   / Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #19  
the 2326 MMM is keyed on shaft itself. it is NOT keyed on hookup to MMM pto output on a GC series
but the damned thing feels like it is sometimes. damn thing likes to screw with you I swear....

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #20  
it REALLY feels like its keyed when the slip collar had something fall on it preventing the lock from sliding backwards all the way preventing fully sliding onto shaft all the way. one ball would not release enough to slide fully onto pro output

Last edited: