david brown 885 carberator info gas

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #1  

hack12

Tractor
david brown 885 farmall A
Davis brown 885 carburetor info gas , i need to know the size jet that is needed for a 885 gas zenith 34Iv Carb. I have sent it to two different card rebuild shops and one sent it back the other has it now and has no info on it.

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas
If anyone can help greatly appreciated. Thank you

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #3  
I dont have an answer, but I'll bump your thread for you.

Aaron Z

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #4  
Zenith34IVD2Red.jpg

Your carburetor looks like the image joined

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas
Yes I am now looking for some one to rebuild this carb. I have sent it to 2 places and they both sent it back. I also need some parts that i found out are not in the carburetor. This carb has a acceleration pump. That has been where my problem is. I need help. Thank you all.

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #6  
Hi hack12,
I change myself the carb on my tractor (David Brown 4600 which have the same carb and engine as your) for the same model as your. The only thing to do is to suppress the linkage and the internal parts of the acceleration pump. If you have the old carb, open it and take notice of the parts removed and do the same on the new carb. The jets are slightly different in size but I have not change them and it works fine. You must also plug the the small pipe on the body of the carb which serve for a vacuum. The best is to cut it clean and plug it because there is no much place on the intake when you refit it in place. Here is the detailed parts of that carb : Gower & Lee Zenith IV Page.

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #7  
the places that sent it back must not have internet service.

google this:

zenith 34iv #3188 carburetor kit

also.. ytmag.com sells a repop 34iv carb and kit for the repop.

SOME repops use simialr parts.. some do not.

oif nothing else. you have the expensive option to get a will-fit carb to get going....

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #8  
Hi Hack 12

Went through the same issues with a Zenith 34IV. I found a used 36 IV off an early 70s Landrover. It works great. If you find one I suggest you try it before dismantling. PM me if you need a good source for a kit.
Good luck

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #9  
I am very thankful that I ran across this thread. I recently purchased a David Brown 885G tractor, with loader and in good condition. There was one major problem, a terribly flooding carburetor (Zenith 34IV)! After reading this thread, I purchased a reproduced Zenith 36IV carb from Ebay (copy the following listing and paste in Ebay: Zenith 36IV Carburetor 2 1/4 2.25 Petrol for Land Rover Series 2,2a 3). The carb arrived much sooner than I had anticipated and after altering one piece of linkage, it worked perfectly. Now, the ole 885 starts without choking and runs like a charm. Thank you all and thank you TractorByNet.com.

/ david brown 885 carberator info gas #10  
New member. was searching for information on David Brown 885g and saw some post. My 885g has the three cylinder gas with a British Zenith 34 IVN
Carburetor. I took the carb apart to clean it. All looked good other than being dirty. My kit only had a matching gasket, float needle and seat, and throttle
shaft. Glad my original float was good. Now that it is back on the tractor, the carb is pushing way to much fuel into the intake. Tractor will run, but it pours out the black exhaust. Float setting is right at 32mm.
I had taken pictures when I took it apart, so it is back together the same.
Cannot find this carb or a replacement anywhere. Any help or thoughts appreciated...Thanks.