day started out with a bang

/ day started out with a bang #1  

deerseeker001

Tractor
International 2500a with Loader
this morning wife and i were watching TV when we heard what sounded like a shot gun,nothing new around here with turkey season going on,never gave it another thought.i decided to go get gas in the truck walked into the garage and could hear wings flapping and seen this bird which all i seen for a second was the back end fly through the window.it flew through 2 panes of glass.called the wife in to the garage to show here what happened.swept up the glass enough to back the truck out.got into the truck and closed the door and the rear door glass shattered.its hard to believe that a grouse or small turkey could go through 2 panes of glass and then take out the truck door window.i couldn't even find blood. this was one tough bird.

/ day started out with a bang #2  
That is a pretty tall tale. :D How do you think it entered the garage? Was the overhead door open?

/ day started out with a bang
he flew threw the 2 panes of glass,door was closed.

/ day started out with a bang #4  
What are the odds!? We have smaller birds like Cardinals crashing into our two pane windows all the time. So far no broken glass, just dead or stunned birds. Makes a loud thump so can imagine a turkey flying at 50 MPH would break through!

the insurance lady was laughing said it reminded her of the Windex commercial.they will be here to replace truck window tomorrow.

/ day started out with a bang #6  
Grouse fly pretty fast. If it went through the two panes and smacked into the truck window, it could have done it.

Safety auto glass can be shattered very easily with a sharp point and some impact. Our fire chief has tool about the size of a half-worn pencil. It has a point on it like an awl and a spring mechanism in the barrel. When you push the point against the corner of an auto window, it trips the spring mechanism which drives the point. The glass shatters every time, and there isn't any heavy impact or hard pushing.

i have had grouse fly into the big picture window,and smaller birds fly into patio window all the time.but this one took the cake.

got a email with the technicians picture who is going to replacing my truck window. will be here later today.