Deal, or Scam?

/ Deal, or Scam? #11  
If Dealer was selling it - Dealer would have bought it from owner for asking price, then doubled the price then sold it themselves for a big profit.

I vote Scam.

tripled the sales price and then sold it... yeah something seems a little fishy here.

/ Deal, or Scam? #12  
This is too easy. 100% Scam. Everything points in one direction.

/ Deal, or Scam? #13  
Looks very much like a CL scam for a 2008 Honda Goldwing I saw for $2900. All you had to do was wire the money and they would ship it free.

Even on a liquidation sale the dealer would not sell it for that price. Their money is a commission of the sell price. They would have customers to call and have it sold before needing to advertise.

/ Deal, or Scam? #14  
Tell the guy you live in Houston, an your coming over to check it out. Then you will see if it is a scam.:D

/ Deal, or Scam? #15  
If it sounds too good to be true..... well what can yah say? I got dibs on that $2900 goldwing...:laughing:

/ Deal, or Scam? #16  
If it sounds too good to be true..... well what can yah say? I got dibs on that $2900 goldwing...:laughing:

It was funny. They told me the bike was in a shipping crate ready to go. The seller said it was her husbands and he died and she cannot stand to look at it.
I told them I would be in Orlando in two days for work and can stop by and test drive it. Never go another response from them. I forwarded the conversation to CL and the ad was gone the next day.

/ Deal, or Scam? #17  
Speaking strictly from an insurance point, KTAC has recovered several stolen units because someone got a "good deal" on a stolen unit and later tried to get it repaired (and found out it was stolen). Once an insurance company pays for a theft claim, the equipment belongs to the insurance company. Unless you check the serial number against the national database (for stolen equipment), you can't be sure if the seller is the owner. The sorry part about this type of transaction is the buyer isn't protected against consumer protection laws (at least thats been the case so far) since the seller is not a business. The buyer is out the money and has no equipment to show for it.

I am not saying this is a scam just saying protect yourself against it.

/ Deal, or Scam? #18  
Speaking strictly from an insurance point, KTAC has recovered several stolen units because someone got a "good deal" on a stolen unit and later tried to get it repaired (and found out it was stolen). Once an insurance company pays for a theft claim, the equipment belongs to the insurance company. Unless you check the serial number against the national database (for stolen equipment), you can't be sure if the seller is the owner. The sorry part about this type of transaction is the buyer isn't protected against consumer protection laws (at least thats been the case so far) since the seller is not a business. The buyer is out the money and has no equipment to show for it.

I am not saying this is a scam just saying protect yourself against it.

KTAC. Do you have the web address for the national database for stolen equipment?

/ Deal, or Scam? #20  
Scam. Don't waste your time. Report it and move on.