450.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 67
   / Deer and your garden
Gosh we hate them stinken deer. We call them "city rats" and wish somebody would shoot them. (we live in town, you can't) They eat everything we grow and eventually gave up. Can't believe people post pictures of them in "cool nature photos" thread.
You funny Guy. 🤣

/ Deer and your garden #13  
Two years ago the garden was decimated by deer, for the most part they had left it alone for 20+ years.

Last year I installed an electric fence, with a solar charger. Worked great, best garden in history. It goes back up next week.

We have a dog, they ignore him. He's too old to give chase.

/ Deer and your garden #14  
My dogs don't have to chase (they ignore deer in the woods) but no deer wants something bigger than a wolf coming near them.

/ Deer and your garden #15  
7ft 5 strand electric fence... Cheapest and easiest way to keep them out

/ Deer and your garden #17  
I built my garden years ago by filling in a flat area on a hill near the house - so there are uphill slopes on three sides. I then planted Jerusalem artichokes (Sunchokes) on the hills and it grew beautifully with no fertilizer and only water overflow from the garden. So I have essentially a hedge around the garden about 6 to 7 feet high. Deer won't try to jump uphill, apparently, when they can't see ahead. I have a few dogs around sometimes too. But never had any deer issues for 20 years - and I usually have 20+ deer harvested by hunters on my land round the house every year. So there are deer. I know it's weird and not planned, but it works for me. Groundhogs, now, are another issue.

/ Deer and your garden #18  
Something about shutting up, shoveling and shooting.

We've got LGDs that keep most of those problems under control but that's not the best option for a lot of folks.

/ Deer and your garden #19  
livestock guardian dogs are extremely effective and you don't have to build a prison fence

/ Deer and your garden #20  
Gosh we hate them stinken deer. We call them "city rats" and wish somebody would shoot them. (we live in town, you can't) They eat everything we grow and eventually gave up. Can't believe people post pictures of them in "cool nature photos" thread.
Move out of town and teach your dogs how to protect your garden. I live in deer country but my German Shepherd keeps deer, groundhogs and coons away from the garden.