Deer season

/ Deer season #1  

Shaneard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4630, Two IH 140's, John Deere A
Got started on the food plot for the 2019 season. Weeds were so tall you could barely see the blind at the end of the field. Going to spray it and kill it then plant buckwheat. I've never planted buckwheat before. Planted soybeans last year in this field and they came up about 6" high and got murdered. Tried turnips for late season and that didn't work.

IMG_8247.jpg
IMG_8248.jpg
IMG_8249.jpg
IMG_8250.jpg

/ Deer season #2  
Nice layout :thumbsup:
High grass weeds this time of the year found fawns turkey chicks and had some close calls. :eek:

/ Deer season #3  
We gave up on soy-beans;deer eat them as fast as they come up.We planted field corn,sorghum,sun-flowers,cow-peas;late planting will be millet,winter wheat and brassicas.

/ Deer season #4  
Our food plot this year.Had it planted before all of the crazy rain started.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
Last edited:
   / Deer season #5  
Re-sprouting weeds following being mowed down is about as attractive as anything. Diversed plants can help, as deer are disimating one type by over-grazing,other types are able to grow. One of the best deer magnets I've seen was created by accident. A hunting pardner borrowed a brush clearing machine from the utility company he worked for. He cleared several shooting lanes that happened to have lots of honeysuckle in them. In Tx,honeysuckle is evergreen so there was plenty of new growth from the clearing operation.
So,I suggest you plant 2 or more types and mow areas in addition to those that are being seeded. Last but not least,take a kid hunting.

/ Deer season #6  
:thumbsup: Suitable for framing coobie.

/ Deer season
Early pics look promising.

IMG_8333.jpg
IMG_8343.jpg
IMG_8349.jpg
IMG_8350.jpg
IMG_8352.jpg
IMG_8347.jpg

/ Deer season #8  
A pic of a few bucks in the food plots few years ago.The pic on the right is this last years buck in the front yard.Last pic was down in our woods.He was HUGH,never seen him again.

Attachments

• 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    877.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 350
   / Deer season #9  
A pic of a few bucks in the food plots few years ago.The pic on the right is this last years buck in the front yard.Last pic was down in our woods.He was HUGH,never seen him again.

What a magnificent brute!

/ Deer season
Here’s a decent North Carolina buck I got with a compound bow several years ago. 165 1/8 non typical

IMG_3016.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_3566.jpg