Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work.

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #1  

Toehead

Tractor
Deere 4210
My 4210 will not operate with the PTO engaged and me off seat, even with the parking brake engaged as per the manual.

It will shut off/ cut fuel as soon as you leave the seat. I have tried every combination of setting the brake and leaving the seat, as well as setting the brake first, leaving the seat and then hitting the PTO switch.

Has anybody ever had this problem? Looking at the wiring diagrams, like the timer module should be getting power from either the PTO switch or the parking brake. My parking brake dash light DOES work, so that confirms the switch is getting power.

Has anybody ever had this issue? If so, what was your fix?

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #2  
Have you tried disconnecting the seat switch? I put a jumper in the female end of the two wire connector to close the circuit..

Welcome to TBN

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work.
Thanks!

Yes, that works, but it should also work without defeating the seat switch. I would like it to ideally work as designed.

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #4  
I have a 4100 and you pull up on the switch to use the pto while off the seat. Does yours not work the same way?

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #5  
I don't have that machine, but the manual does say unattended pto operation is possible.
Transmission in neutral,
Parking brake on,
Engage pto with operator out of seat.

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work.

I haven't tried putting it in neutral since I have an ehydro and the neutral switch is replaced with a jumper on my tractor.

There are a few relays and diodes involved... I bet there is something wrong with one of those.

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #7  
Myself, I've found over the years and many different machines, that a lowly metal paper clip can be a lifesaver. Always have at least one in the toolbox.

True story!

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #9  
Try starting the tractor while standing along side (OFF the seat), then engaging the PTO. Make sure the range selector is in neutral and the brake is engaged
That's how I have to do it on my 4052R...and, if memory serves, may have been how I had to do it when I had my 4400 years ago

/ Deere 4210: PTO off-seat operation doesn't work. #10  
Is this tractor new to you or did it work in the past and now it no longer works. Try and read your manual for tractor specific procedures. my b7800 I had a couple of seconds to get off the seat and flip it up so the PTO would keep running. My L4740 has the seat switch bypassed so I'm not sure but I think it is the same as my b7800.