Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #1  

Dustypp

Tractor
4707 Massey
Coming up on a new tractor purchase for the farm and my land clearing business, have a 5075e on order currently but have been giving the 4710 a hard look at only a price difference of 20k. Anyone who’s drove one or the other and could give some insight would be great. Both look like great options. Thanks

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #2  
Personally I would want the 4710 for commercial/farm work. Depending on what all you need it for and if you can transport it without much effort.

The E series Deere is more of the economy line. R series is more Row farm rated tractors.

The 4710 has more weight and power than the 5075e and definitely will be able to do more. Just my opinion and others may have more insight.

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710
Personally I would want the 4710 for commercial/farm work. Depending on what all you need it for and if you can transport it without much effort.

The E series Deere is more of the economy line. R series is more Row farm rated tractors.

The 4710 has more weight and power than the 5075e and definitely will be able to do more. Just my opinion and others may have more insight.
That what I’m thinking as I do Commercial work the 5075 e is nice but I drove a Massey the other day and was super pleased with the performance and seem to have good mechanics around here if needed.

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #4  
5075e seems to have itty bitty front tires for the work you'd expect to do with it IMHO.

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710
5075e seems to have itty bitty front tires for the work you'd expect to do with it IMHO.
That’s what a local farmer said as well and the Massey has big trell radials the 75e would need fluid or wheel weights if imagine as I’m wanting to run a grapple and do loader work

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #6  
I have a 5075e with grapple. I used it to clean up an old barn site. I moved cement blocks weighing about 2,000 lbs (or more). I had the rear tires filled with Rim Guard and built a weight box for the three point. I used a cat 2 carry-all on the 3 pt. I built a wood platform that holds two 55 gallon drums filled with gravel. There was enough room to add a tool box which became very useful. It worked great.

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #7  
Coming up on a new tractor purchase for the farm and my land clearing business, have a 5075e on order currently but have been giving the 4710 a hard look at only a price difference of 20k. Anyone who’s drove one or the other and could give some insight would be great. Both look like great options. Thanks

I have a Deere 5075E and it's a nice utility tractor. Mine has a loader and filled rear tires and it works well. The Massey-Ferguson 4710 is a slightly larger tractor than the 5075E, it is a 100 HP tractor that is a competitor to the 5100E rather than the 5075E. I have used a 5083E, which is a predecessor to the current 5090E/5100E and it is a nice tractor. It is certainly a little larger than my 5075E. You can order radials on a Deere 5E as an option, it's about $3000 and they are sometimes a size larger than the bias ply tires.

Deere makes 3 lines of smaller full-sized utility tractors, the 5E, 5M, and 5R. The 5E is further split into 3 cylinder and 4 cylinder models as the 4 cylinder units are a little larger and have a longer wheelbase. The 5Ms are a little larger than the 4 cylinder 5Es and have a few more options particularly with transmissions, and the 5R is the newest line and brings a lot of the electronics seen in the larger rowcrop tractors. Engines are shared between the three lines, the 3 cylinder 5Es and the 5075M use Deere's 2.9 L three they've been making since the '70s and all of the others use the 4.5 L four they've been making since the 1970s and also put in the 6Es and smaller 6Ms and 6Rs. The 5Es use the same transmissions that have been used since the early '90s and the other ones use variants of those. The 5R isn't a rowcrop tractor, it's simply got a bunch more electronics than the other 5 series units.

5Es grossly outsell any of the other 5 series models and I've probably seen 100 5Es for every 5M I have seen on a dealer's lot. But, I've at least seen a 5M in person, I have never even seen a 5R, probably because they cost about $100,000 and for that much money, people get a larger 6 series machine to run their round baler and disc mower/conditioner.

Last edited:
   / Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #8  
If you have ordered the 5075e and want to look at the massey, why not look at the 4707? I just priced them and bought the massey. 58.5 for cab version of massey with the heavy duty loader and radio etc and the 5075e was 54k. If you go the 4710 you will have Def fluid to deal with. The 4707 I have heard can very retuned to 100hp as the tractors are physically the same

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #9  
I trst drove both as well and the 4707 and the 4710 were the same imo and the deer cab was not very comfortable for me but I'm 6'3"

/ Deere 5075e vs Massey 4710 #10  
The 4707 I have heard can very retuned to 100hp as the tractors are physically the same

The engine is certainly the same basic engine but I would expect that it would only be able to be retuned by an illegal ECU reprogrammer sold from overseas, if one even exists for that series of engine. The under-75 HP engines do not have SCR and this is effectively required by the EPA for 75+ HP engines or it's giant fines from the feds. The EPA will even punish companies that make it "overly easy" for a third party to do the retuning so ECUs are often encrypted to make it "sufficiently difficult." I know that Deere encrypts their ECUs, I strongly suspect AGCO does too.