Deere 50xxE Series Batteries

/ Deere 50xxE Series Batteries #11  
Just the pricing :laughing:
They used to say the plates where better supported to handle vibration and shocks better.

/ Deere 50xxE Series Batteries
Just the pricing :laughing:
They used to say the plates where better supported to handle vibration and shocks better.

You got that right!

I can't complain. The existing India factory battery is at least 6-7 years old. I saw a faded tag on it that said 09/05, but I couldn't tell if there was a another number (the year) too faded to read. As soon as I wiped it with my hand I could no longer see any numbers. I can't believe it's from '09 or '05 in a ~2012 tractor? Never know.

This time of year it only gets started once or twice a month, which is not good for a battery, so I'm tempted to make excuses and say "Maybe it's still good, but it just needs a little recharge in this cold, plus the oil is thick, plus I ran the intake heater, etc..." instead of biting the bullet for a new battery. After using tractor for 2-3 hours yesterday maybe I'll test it tonight. .....I have a problem knowing when to stop tinkering and just throw things away.

/ Deere 50xxE Series Batteries #13  
That is good life out of a battery, a lot of people swear by the maintainer type chargers to keep a battery up to snuff.
A possibility if power is available. I use one on the motorcycle and occasionally on the sander truck, seems to help.