Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it?

/ Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it? #1  

Superduper

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120, Kubota BX2350, Deere X740
My used X740 seems to produce an excessive amount of debris and chaff coming from the front edges of the deck while I'm mowing. I feel like the character Pig-pen in charlie brown when I mow, dust cloud follows me everywhere. The amount of dust chaff and debris is annoying at best, unhealthy at worse and clogs the cooling fan screens much faster than it should. I have lots of mowers and this is the only mower that seems to have this issue. Every other mower also creates a windstorm of clippings and debris but those all shoot off the right side from the chute. Is this a design defect? Will the anti-blowout kit improve that condition and if so, why should a customer have to purchase an expensive kit to rectify something I think the mower should have been perfectly capable of doing by design since other mowers have no problem clearing the deck clipping out the chute? At first I thought maybe the deflector was too restrictive and I tried mowing with it flipped up but it does the same thing. Also, the deck has gator blades (came that way when I purchased it used).... is that the source of the problem? Thanks.

/ Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it? #2  
My experience with these kits is that they help improve bag-ability. Hopefully you find someone with experience with these on your machine. Isn't much for free nowadays, especially at the Green and Yellow store.

/ Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it? #3  
Try the blades manufacturer recommends.

I have a similar situation in our Grasshopper with Gator blades in rear discharge deck.
It's blowing lot of dry grass etc. forward.

/ Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it? #4  
I added the JD kit to my 62C deck. Works, but I am not using Gator blades.
I also felt the kit would reinforce the leading edge of the deck.

/ Deere 62c deck anti-blowout kit... what's it for and should I get it? #5  
I would get some dry clippings out the left front of the deck so I installed the kit and am glad I did.

anti blow out kit_1.JPG