Deere sues AGCO

/ Deere sues AGCO #11  
Imagine what Deere could have invented or designed if they put all the legal fees they've wasted toward their own research. Green arrogance.

/ Deere sues AGCO #12  
You never experienced the joy of working with economists? How sad is that?;)

Steve

Being in state service, we really had no need for them...:rolleyes: However, I could have used some help when we were trying to promulgate a rule requiring Major Sources to pay emission fees based on their tonnage of Criteria Pollutants. The premise wasn't so much a factor as was the dollar amount.

/ Deere sues AGCO
Being in state service, we really had no need for them...:rolleyes: However, I could have used some help when we were trying to promulgate a rule requiring Major Sources to pay emission fees based on their tonnage of Criteria Pollutants. The premise wasn't so much a factor as was the dollar amount.

Had you paid me a modest consulting fee, I would have pointed you to the literature on optimal Pigouvian taxes.:)

I'm surprised that you didn't contract with a qualified economist if your didn't have one on staff.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Deere sues AGCO #14  
Being in state service, we really had no need for them...

OMG, ain't that the truth!.

/ Deere sues AGCO #15  
Had you paid me a modest consulting fee, I would have pointed you to the literature on optimal Pigouvian taxes.:)

I'm surprised that you didn't contract with a qualified economist if your didn't have one on staff.

Steve

Actually, out of the blue...the legislature decided that we needed a consultant to study the issue and come up with a recommendation...closely "monitored"...I had a feeling... by industry representatives. But in all fairness, it was done fairly and squarely and the agency had considerable input, because the criteria was connected to the amount of work required, and therefor the amount of money required. It actually benefited us in the long run because it enabled us to hire some needed personnel, including a legal secretary. Our relation with industry in this state has for the most part, always been good. A more cooperative industry I couldn't have asked for.

/ Deere sues AGCO #16  
Imagine what Deere could have invented or designed if they put all the legal fees they've wasted toward their own research. Green arrogance.

Well, wasn't that a "fact filled" statement. :laughing:

Deere does do its own research and development... quite a lot of it if you'd taken the time to at least Google it. They've invested a large chunk to constantly update all of their products. Having invested this money & time, to have it 'liberated' or infringed upon by another manufacturer (thereby saving them money at Deere's expense) is not "Green arrogance".

/ Deere sues AGCO #17  
Well, wasn't that a "fact filled" statement. :laughing:

Deere does do its own research and development... quite a lot of it if you'd taken the time to at least Google it. They've invested a large chunk to constantly update all of their products. Having invested this money & time, to have it 'liberated' or infringed upon by another manufacturer (thereby saving them money at Deere's expense) is not "Green arrogance".

But getting their butt handed to them in David vs. Goliath style infringement lawsuits can clearly be interpreted as just that.

/ Deere sues AGCO #18  
But getting their butt handed to them in David vs. Goliath style infringement lawsuits can clearly be interpreted as just that.

Who's getting their "butt handed to them"? JD (who invested their money and research into the product) or the other company (who infringed on JD's investment)?

/ Deere sues AGCO

Who's getting their "butt handed to them"? JD (who invested their money and research into the product) or the other company (who infringed on JD's investment)?

Objection!

The AGCO and Deere advocates are both assuming facts not in evidence in the matter now before the court.;)

We need to hear the testimony of the expert witnesses for the plaintiff and the defendant.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Deere sues AGCO #20  
Only thing worse than a lawyer is an economist lawyer. :p :p :p :p :p :rolleyes: