Definition of quarantine if I live in the country

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #1  

90cummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1720 SSS 4x4 Turbo Charged
I live in the country and my closest neighbor is
200 feet across the main road with another also to the side of me.
I have no visible neighbors behind me within 1000+ feet. Would I be able to go outside in my own
back yard or would I be confined inside my home?
Never thought I壇 be thinking if these scenarios.

90cummins

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #2  
Depends on what you are quarantined for. If it was airborne it’s a stay inside scenario- commonly called “shelter in place”. If it’s something passed with human contact then simply staying away from others is all that would be needed. Most of the quarantine scenarios are for city folks in high density areas.

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country
Let’s say I had no neighbors within eyesight would quarantine allow me to be out on my property tending to let’s say my garden or doing home chores providing I stayed x number of feet from others if they approached me.
We are prepping by buying Bulk meats that can be portioned and frozen for meals in the event we are infected or the community is shutdown or off limits.
Personally I’m at a higher risk having had 2 liver transplants, the first one back in 1989.
I’m feeling good and want to keep it that way.

90cummins

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #4  
I'm assuming you are worried about Corona Virus??

You say "we". So you don't live alone? First thing you must do is quarantine everyone that lives with you. You can lock yourself in the bathroom but if your house mates come in and pat you on the head every day you didn't accomplish much.

Oh, and forget your mail. Just let it pile up by the road.

How long you think you can last quarantined before someone violates it?

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #5  
We are prepping by buying Bulk meats that can be portioned and frozen for meals in the event we are infected or the community is shutdown or off limits.

Are you expecting something none of the rest of us are aware of?

Yes I am worried and I’m just looking for answers to possible scenarios and how it may play out.
I have no inside info only what we all read and hear on in the news.

90cummins

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #8  
I understand your anxiety. Quarantine rarely works. It's not working now. You can minimize your contact with people/things. The more thorough you choose to be the more effective.

Statistically you will become exposed to Influenza many, many, many times more than the Corona Virus.

You may have spent the day in an environment that reduced your exposure to almost zero. But what about the others in your household?

/ Definition of quarantine if I live in the country #9  
I'm assuming you are worried about Corona Virus??

You say "we". So you don't live alone? First thing you must do is quarantine everyone that lives with you. You can lock yourself in the bathroom but if your house mates come in and pat you on the head every day you didn't accomplish much.

Oh, and forget your mail. Just let it pile up by the road.

How long you think you can last quarantined before someone violates it?

Exactly......Practically speaking, it is a big joke for most situations.....especially rural.
When I was a kid, we had to hide under our school desks for an air raid warning.......a long ago big joke!

Ever hear of a guy called Chicken Little?

I had my first liver transplant at the age of 34 my children were then 11 & 4. My wife was the rock we leaned on to this day. I continue to have occasional serious issues but we keep moving on looking forward.
My issues were not my doing and I知 not complaining. I don稚 cry wolf and fret about the small stuff but this is not small stuff.
I値l turn 65 in April and it has been no easy task getting to this point in time.
I知 not about to be careless or think it can稚 happen to me/us.
To quite honest I never thought I would live this long and be as functional as I am.
No Chicken Littles here just being cautious and reading the handwriting on the wall.

90cummins