Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats....

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #81  
The water company can turn off your power?

Sorry, couldn't resist🤣
Well they can't turn off my water that is for sure! (we have a well so no water company)

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #82  
Lots of fun ways to do it without batteries. Pumped hydro storage is one. Another one I read about was using the excess power to lift a bunch of heavy weights. Then when you need power let the weights drop to generate power. Sure there is loss in both of those systems, but there is with batteries too. Heck there are some models to do it with compressed air.
Here's one gravity storage.

Bruce

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #83  
Lots of fun ways to do it without batteries. Pumped hydro storage is one. Another one I read about was using the excess power to lift a bunch of heavy weights. Then when you need power let the weights drop to generate power. Sure there is loss in both of those systems, but there is with batteries too. Heck there are some models to do it with compressed air.
Yea sure, lots of ways to store energy, just nothing yet has been more effective than building additional generation.

Best,

ed

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #84  
Well they can't turn off my water that is for sure! (we have a well so no water company)
Same here, our well is gravity-feed so we've got running water even if the power goes out.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #85  
Maybe in your area but not in mine they can remotely read the meter but the only disconnect is to physically pull the meter or the line fuses to the transformer.
yes in my area they can turn you off for non payment, or anything else remotely .
All we have here now are smart meters.
I have a 400 amp service to my home.
Meter doesn't just un plug. It bolts in to the meter base

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #86  
   / Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #87  
My wife unthaws stuff that she's taken from the freezer.

First time she said that, i thought she was joking and laughed. That was not a well thought out action on my part. She no think it was funny.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #88  
I didn't see anything about ice. He said that he heats water.
It was a discussion about heating hot water. Hot water does not need to be heated.

You can't UNTHAW something that is frozen. You THAW it. UNTHAWING it would mean freezing it. It is already frozen. The joke is not funny when you have to explain it.....