Dethatcher mounting kit p/n for LT160?

/ Dethatcher mounting kit p/n for LT160? #1  

thenline

Tractor
2005 John Deere 3320 w/300X FEL
Hi,

I've searched and searched but haven't had any luck finding the de-thatcher mounting kit part number for a JD LT 160 riding mower. John Deere's customer service wasn't any help, but I know they made a kit as I've seen pictures of the LT160 fitted with a front dethatcher. Anyone out there possibly know what the part number is? I'd be incredibly grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks!

/ Dethatcher mounting kit p/n for LT160? #2  
I am not positive but I do not see where the front thatchers went on LT machines but could be wrong. In any case the thatchers from that time frame have been discontinued and are now only a licensed vendor product made by brinly-hardy for current machines (could be wrong some more but I think BH always made the front thatcher, and wasn't really discontinued just shifted stocking fully to BH). The parts catalog if you wanted to look at the other front mounts is pc1953. I would not think it would be to hard to build a lift system for these little guys, or maybe BH offers a black box store unit with gp mounts.

/ Dethatcher mounting kit p/n for LT160? #3  
According to these charts (sorry they are small) I don't think Deere is giving you the run around, there may be some literature from 20 years ago showing an LT with a front thatcher but does not appear that it was actually released. As a side note there was issues with mounting and lifting of certain front mounted units on the LT's that may have something to do with it. thatcher lt.PNGthatcher lx etc.PNG

/ Dethatcher mounting kit p/n for LT160?
According to these charts (sorry they are small) I don't think Deere is giving you the run around, there may be some literature from 20 years ago showing an LT with a front thatcher but does not appear that it was actually released. As a side note there was issues with mounting and lifting of certain front mounted units on the LT's that may have something to do with it.View attachment 524316View attachment 524317

Thank you so very much for taking the time to do that research and posting it. I really do appreciate it. After digging into it last year, I would have guessed - not having found any part numbers, etc. - that they weren't an option on the LT's. But, having seen photos of them (here's an example of one: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/15506-Pics-of-my-first-rider-02-JD-LT160), it had me convinced that JD must have had a kit available.

Figured if I could find a NOS kit somewhere and save myself the time and energy of having to design/build one, I would. But, knowing now that it could be like finding hens teeth, I'll probably end up building one.

Again, thanks so much for your willingness to help!
Tom