Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #11  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The mean man made a joke about me, I can't handle this forum any more.

Kenn, you got a good set of answers to your query, and one little joke at your expense. It's not personal, just a gentle ribbing. Jokes are what make the internet more enjoyable for the rest of us. Just get him back some day! lol.

But I'm glad you asked because I want one of these dewalt guns too, and was curious about this.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #12  
I grease until it oozes out of the joint. Works well for the common zerks with no seals. Bearings with seals like my flail, tiller & stuff I guess i rely on calibrating my ear with the open joints.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #13  
I will stick with my hand pump don't
need to add more weight in a grease
gun and then you have to take the time
to charge it. I have had my grease gun
since 1971 and it works fine think it will
out last me!

willy

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #14  
out last me!

willy

If you want to keep the old fashioned gun that’s fine but don’t try convincing anyone it’s better.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #15  
If you want to keep the old fashioned gun that’s fine but don’t try convincing anyone it’s better.

Well..... Not a single one of our electric grease guns will be working in 50 years, so he does have a point!

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #16  
Well..... Not a single one of our electric grease guns will be working in 50 years, so he does have a point!

The batteries no, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the tool itself last 50 years. Even if it doesn’t I don’t really care. It adds enough value to me that I’ll pay to replace it.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #17  
Grease and oil starts a war here !

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #18  
That hand pump grease gun will be gone in 50 years also, I'd say they average 3-5 years of use before they quite working.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #19  
out last me!

willy
Bought a DeWalt and returned it. Too heavy, too cumbersome as well. I much prefer my Plews manual lever gun with the clear grease tube I bulk fill. I can always tell how much grease is left by looking at the clear barrel.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #20  
That hand pump grease gun will be gone in 50 years also, I'd say they average 3-5 years of use before they quite working.
Maybe a cheap Chinese one, my Plews is at least 25 years old and I grease 2 tractors , a round bailer, a square bailer, my rotary rake and my tedder and my discbine plus my pickup truck and the wife's suburban and it's still trucking along, just fine.