Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #21  
The battery one are heavier but then you don’t have to pump it. My Dewalt has a fairly long hose, I can usually find something to test it, a loader are for example.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #23  
It takes so little effort to operate a lever gun, it's nothing.
Unless you have RA. But pumping a lever is the least challenging--It's getting to the fittings and being in a position to pump the lever at the same time. I won't give up my electric gun. Besides, I'm 72 now and won't be around in 50 years to care one way or the other. :D

On a side note:
It's sad that so many are so tightly puckered they don't have a sense of humor. :cautious:

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #24  
During the spring, summer and fall we will go through an average of two to three tubes of grease per day. There is always at least two and as many as four grease guns hanging in the shop rack. Usually two people at times more getting every thing ready for work in the morning between checking over fueling greasing and lubing chains. They are manual grease guns at this time it may change I took my Milwaukee cordless over one day this fall and it got used a lot for three or four days before I brought it back home.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #25  
I woder if the clear grease gun barrels I use will for the electric grease guns?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #27  
I woder if the clear grease gun barrels I use will for the electric grease guns?
I wouldn't be surprised if it would. I was going to say it wouldn't do much good but then I recall that you use bulk.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #28  
LouNY I have been using my grease gun
since 1971 that's over 50 years and it still
works GREAT!!! With the rubber hose
attachment I have never had a problem
getting to any fitting! I will be 83 in a few
months. I have no problem pumping the
handle just hold the nozzle on the fitting
grab the barrel and push the handle against
what ever is available! works like a charm
I can purchase a bucket of grease for the
price of an electric grease gun! If you like
the electric grease guns enjoy. I will not
purchase a new car because of all the gadgets
that are electronic prone to failure! Just to
replace the radio in out car cost is over
$2,000 and it will probably last about 14 months
I don't need a screen to tell me where I'm going
and that Sirius radio is like a case of hemorrhoids
something I can do very nicely without! Also
the so called music today I can do very nicely
without! I record music and then I have what
I want to listen to with out commercials no less!
I can tell very quickly when the tube is empty

willy

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #29  
Just pull on the plunge rod.

Also, wear leather gloves. If that greasehose gets a pin hole in it, and it shoots grease inside your skin on your finger, you will spend much time in the hospital while they try to save your arm. I used to have a big dozer, grease gun is how you tightened the tracks.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #30  
I wouldn't be surprised if it would. I was going to say it wouldn't do much good but then I recall that you use bulk.
That is correct. If you use a grease tube. it won't matter as you cannot see how much there is. I have this thing about handling grease tubes anyway. you get greased putting them in and pulling them out. I don't have that issue.