Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #31  
LouNY I have been using my grease gun
since 1971 that's over 50 years and it still
works GREAT!!! With the rubber hose
attachment I have never had a problem
getting to any fitting! I will be 83 in a few
months. I have no problem pumping the
handle just hold the nozzle on the fitting
grab the barrel and push the handle against
what ever is available! works like a charm
I can purchase a bucket of grease for the
price of an electric grease gun! If you like
the electric grease guns enjoy. I will not
purchase a new car because of all the gadgets
that are electronic prone to failure! Just to
replace the radio in out car cost is over
$2,000 and it will probably last about 14 months
I don't need a screen to tell me where I'm going
and that Sirius radio is like a case of hemorrhoids
something I can do very nicely without! Also
the so called music today I can do very nicely
without! I record music and then I have what
I want to listen to with out commercials no less!
I can tell very quickly when the tube is empty

willy
I'm glad your having good luck with your old grease gun.
We switched to tube grease many years ago, too many people greasing equipment.
Some of the hired help would be pretty careless about getting pail covers back on and keeping things clean.
Having to scrape a bunch of grease out of a pail to throw away because some left the pail uncovered outside
and it got a bunch of grit in it. When you used the pump to fill the grease gun the danged coupler would be full of dirt or broke off.
It was much cheaper and better to switch to tubes, during the busy hay or corn silage season it's quite common to go through a couple of cases a week of grease. I've seen many a day when we'd go through 3 tubes in the morning.
Also I seen several fittings that you would need three hands to grease.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #32  
Some of the comments on here are rather humorous... Electric too heavy...oh my! I love how I can set it on the ground or a tire and the long hose reaches all the zerks on most of my equipment. Changing a tube is too messy!??? I can do it without loosing any grease. Maybe I should make a video on that one.

Back to the topic: I just pull on the rod and I have a good idea on how much grease is left.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #33  
Some of the comments on here are rather humorous... Electric too heavy...oh my! I love how I can set it on the ground or a tire and the long hose reaches all the zerks on most of my equipment. Changing a tube is too messy!??? I can do it without loosing any grease. Maybe I should make a video on that one.

Back to the topic: I just pull on the rod and I have a good idea on how much grease is left.
There’s also a shoulder strap you can use to hang the GG off you leaving both hands free.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #34  
My Dewalt came with the strap, I’ve never needed it. It also has a light on it I don’t use. One bad thing, mine is 18 volt which is getting a little outdated. You can still get them but they seem overpriced for Dewalt 18 volt. For Christmas I’m hoping Santa will bring me a 18 volt to 20 volt adapter and a couple of batteries.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #35  
For Christmas I’m hoping Santa will bring me a 18 volt to 20 volt adapter and a couple of batteries.
I'm not sure about yours, but the 18 - 20V adapter won't fit my old DeWalt greaser.

I hope Santa has a return policy :)

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #37  
If you hold the connector on the zerk
and grab the barrel you can push the
handle against anything to pump the
handle. When you work by your self
you learn how to do things

willy

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #38  
I might add that I do load my grease guns with a bulk loader, no tubes and my ARO air greaser has a 100 foot grease hose on it so if I have the equipment by the shop overhead door, I grease them with the air greaser.

My grease cannot get contaminated either. I buy it in 150 pound open headed drums and the ARO air greaser fits tightly over the top of the drum and has a rubber gasketed follower plate inside...and it's on wheels too.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #39  
SURPRISE SURPRISE I found an air operated
grease gun, I forgot that I purchased it to
grease my new Dodge pickup back in the 80's
I can only use it at the shop being its air
operated

willy

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #40  
Well..... Not a single one of our electric grease guns will be working in 50 years, so he does have a point!
Probably not too many of us will be working in 50 years as well. You must be a youngster if you're thinking 50 years ahead.