Did I Stumble On Gold?????

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Digging through an old file cabinet clearing out papers and I see this.

Gold.jpg

No idea when I bought it ... probably 80s sometime.

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #3  
I used to watch for good .22 ammo prices when I went to Walmart. For the last year or so, every time I looked, the ammo shelves have been empty. I went there last week and now even the shelves are gone!

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #4  
I used to watch for good .22 ammo prices when I went to Walmart. For the last year or so, every time I looked, the ammo shelves have been empty. I went there last week and now even the shelves are gone!
Yeah, I saw a similar thing at Meijer's. The shelves were still there, but they were full of air-soft supplies and that's it.

/ Did I Stumble On Gold?????
Had to go double check ... mostly full, might be five or six missing.

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #6  
I just checked the gun safe and found these Remington high brass shotgun shells: It's a little hard to read but the price tag says $3.69.

P1090413b.jpg
P1090412b.jpg

I bought them back in the 1970's. The box is half full.

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #7  
Love that you guys found it with the price sticker still on. Always nice to find ammo. I just found some S&W .460 in my tool box.

Box stores aren't the place to get ammo anymore anyway. The prices are through the roof. I've found the greatest selection and prices online at places like SGammo. You get the best prices getting lots of 1,000 rounds or more. Free ammo cans sometimes too.

Last edited:
   / Did I Stumble On Gold????? #8  
I'm still kicking myself for quitting buying .22 when Bi-Mart's 500 round bricks went over $10.
Figured I'd wait till it came back down, that didn't work out so well...

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #9  
Had to go double check ... mostly full, might be five or six missing.
Those old things could not possibly be any good. You will need to send them to me for safe disposal. :)

/ Did I Stumble On Gold????? #10  
I makes me angry and disgusted that the toy soldiers have hoarded cases of ammunition and we can’t even find any to go hunting or target shooting.