Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer?

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #1  

Hipa Jeremy

Tractor
John Deere 5050E
I will take it off. Trimmers without a big guard make it more efficient. And I can see how it is trimming as well as I can also use it as an edger.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #2  
That’s the first step when I get a new trimmer.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #3  
Doesn't the 'guard' include a small blade to ensure that both of the 'strings' are at the same length when you tap the head?

I've found no need to remove it as it also helps to prevent debris from being propelled towards you.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #4  
Doesn't the 'guard' include a small blade to ensure that both of the 'strings' are at the same length when you tap the head?

I've found no need to remove it as it also helps to prevent debris from being propelled towards you.
Run longer strings too.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #5  

Yes, that’s a big part of the reason I hate it. You can get done way faster whipping more string.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #6  
Having a guard on doesn’t stop me from using trimmer as an edger. Guard cuts strings to same length and keeps most debris off me. What are you guys doing wrong that guard interferes so much

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #7  
I took the guard off mine. Yes - I guess it helped a little. I DID NOT like the green tint/slime that formed on my bare legs. Some of the heavier weed shards were actually sticking into my legs. I put the guard back on.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #8  
I’ve never seen a progressional lawn care operation with them on.

Mine are off except for the big shoulder harness brush trimmer that may sling steel blades on occasion.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #9  
On my Tanaka I took the string cutter off the guard and move the guard up the shaft a bit to keep the line from hitting the guard. Still provides protection from flying sticks, but I wear rubber muck boots most of the time.

/ Did you guys take the guard off your trimmer? #10  
Having a guard on doesn’t stop me from using trimmer as an edger. Guard cuts strings to same length and keeps most debris off me. What are you guys doing wrong that guard interferes so much
I leave mine on for all the reasons listed here already.