Didn't like THIS surprise...

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Didn\'t like THIS surprise...

The weather finally let us spend a weekend at the property. Uneventful, but enjoyable for that very reason, if you know what I mean. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Before we left for the trip, as I mentioned in the "Wild Game Photos" thread, we had begun our annual swimming pool pre-season maintenance. That was prompted by the fact that the pool filter pressure was on the rise (too much duck poop?). Anyway, I vowed to clean the filter and replace the diatomaceous earth therein sometime in the next few days. No time on Friday, then we took off for the weekend.

Came home last night, caught up on TBN and hit the sack. Got up this morning and opened the curtains to let in some of the glorious sunshine that has been hitting our area lately. Gazed out at the back yard, and ... Hey!!! I could swear the pool had water in it when we left!!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

The attached picture tells the story and pretty much dictates how I will be spending my day today. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Why post this on a tractor board? Well, I was on my 'Bota when it happened. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 6-37116-PoolCrisis.jpg
    6-37116-PoolCrisis.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 77
   / Didn't like THIS surprise... #2  
Re: Didn\'t like THIS surprise...

Maybe it's just the junk video I have at work, but I can't make out what's going on in the lower right picture /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

mark
markcg_sig.gif

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #3  

Harv,

I can certainly relate... last year I had two run-ins with water missing from the pool. First, the waterfall was left on too long, and a major gap between two of the large rocks sent the water right into the ground, instead of the pool... lost about a foot in an afternoon. Another time I was taking my usual shortcut from the skimmer to the filter (walking over the waterfall) and kind of let one of the boulders fall into the pool and crack the liner... rapid water loss that time as well... try 2-3' before I got it patched. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

Attachments

• 6-37119-back4.jpg
    6-37119-back4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 76
   / Didn't like THIS surprise... #4  

Bummer Dude!! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thanks for reminding me of the travails of having a pool. When we moved out of Sunnyvale and up on the hill, we gave up the pool in exchange for the open space (well that not the whole story /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. I knew when I left that I would not miss the pool maintenance. I forgot about this kind of occasional surprise.

Looks like you're about 5,000 gallon low on the dipstick there.... /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #5  

Oh, wow, Muhamed, that looks great! I guess it doesn't surprise me to see something like Harv's in CA, but I don't expect many like yours in NY /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

mark
markcg_sig.gif

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #6  

Not a good start to begin a day. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Do you know what cause the problem,and I hope the liner okay.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #7  

I should show you what it looks like now, Mark! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #8  

Just wanted to tell Harv and Muhammad what excellent looking pool setups you have there. I think you should show us what it looks like now Muhammad (please) let me dream. ha,ha.

Darin

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #9  

Bummer Harv, sure is a nice looking pool though. Between yours and Muhammads, I'm starting to feel a bit inadequate. My wife has mentioned that she'd like a water garden when we move, so maybe I'll use that as backhoe justification /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hope you get everything straightened out /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Didn't like THIS surprise... #10  

Well, I don't have a photo of the pool covered in snow (that's what I meant by now! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) but here's another angle... It's more work and expense (chemicals, supplies, electricity, propane for heating) than it is worth, even though it sure does look nice. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

Attachments

• 6-37135-back3.jpg
    6-37135-back3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 85