Oil & Fuel Diesel dies after running

/ Diesel dies after running #1  

Bcrdnk

Tractor
White 1370
I have a Massey 35 diesel have changed the fuel filters already. Issue is will run then just quit feels like running out of fuel filters are new and no air in lines anyone have any ideas on where to look as to what is happening

/ Diesel dies after running #2  
Try running with the fuel cap off as the vent might be defective.
Next disconnect fuel line B4 the filter and does it really flow well? if not there might be crud accumulated just where the tank outlet is.
You can confirm by blowing air backwards into the tank via the fuel line.
If that improves the situation it will be only temporary until you clear out the debris in the tank.

The symptoms as described strongly suggest one or both could do the trick, and Massey 35 is sufficiently aged that one or even both both might be valid.

/ Diesel dies after running #3  
Next disconnect fuel line B4 the filter and does it really flow well? if not there might be crud accumulated just where the tank outlet is.
If that improves the situation it will be only temporary until you clear out the debris in the tank.

The symptoms as described strongly suggest one or both could do the trick, and Massey 35 is sufficiently aged that one or even both both might be valid.

That 'bout covers it!

/ Diesel dies after running #4  

G'day Mate and welcome (your first post) to TBN from Downunder.

You don't say where in the world you or your tractor are... if it's an extremely cold environment your fuel could be 'gelling' due to not being a 'Winter Blend'. The other issue could be that you have a biological growth in your fuel tank. An inspection camera should be able to confirm that (it'll look like fairy-floss/cotton-candy mixed with phlegm) or confirm any debris blocking the flow of diesel out of your tank.

Is the fuel bowl clear or a wee bit 'greenish'?

Enjoy the site.

/ Diesel dies after running #5  
Good points Wagtail.
As U pointed out location is an important factor and underlines the reason as to why ALL MEMBERS should add 'location' to their signature.

II apologize for having omitted 'algae growth', but sure, might also be a possibility but from his symptoms I lean towards 'crud' or 'venting'.
I'd think that algae would have shown traces in the old filter.

/ Diesel dies after running #6  
I'd syphon the tank and then look at the tank's outlet. You can likely view it from the refill opening. I once had globs of wax partly plugging the outlet line on the JD 4010. I just fished them out with one of those 3 finger fish tools.

The wax globs formed from off road diesel in a couple 10 F mornings here in Va. Doubt fuel anti gel additive (like in white bottle PS) would have prevented this.

Ralph

/ Diesel dies after running #7  
likely you need to vent the system. First open the vent on top of fuel filter until fuel comes out, next open vents on side of diesel pump and crank engine until fuel runs out, next open lines to injectors and crank engine until fuel squirt out. Now start

/ Diesel dies after running #8  
Hello Bcrdnk, I had a 135 that would stop like you describe. The trouble was the fuel cock at the tank had a tiny fine filter on it( can't be seen by looking through the cap) that gets blocked by crap in the botom of the fuel tank sloshing around, causing an intermittant fuel starvation.
Due to lips on the fuel filler and fuel cock holes I was not able to clean the tank fully.
My solution was to remove the tiny fine filter on the fuel cock, and when I heard the beginnings of fuel starvation, stop and blow (disconnect fuel cock line at filter end) back (remove fuel cap first) through the fuel line to clear the blockage and carry on. Also I avoided going below a 1/4 full, this seemed to help.
Good luck, and let us know what the fix was thanks.

/ Diesel dies after running #9  
The strain in the tank is clogged or missing is my tips, using air to blow in to the tank will blow it off and you will have all sorts of fuel problems if your tank is not perfectly clean. You can buy the strain as a spare part or the whole unit and it dosent cost much.