Diesel Fuel Additives

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
Hi guys,

I have noticed a lot of stuff lately with the ULSD being used in older engines.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what additives I should add to prevent any problems? My tractor is a Ford 1210 diesel that has run great for 22 years. I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks,

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #2  
In the above freezing months I use Power Service Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (gray bottle) and then in the winter months I use the Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost (white bottle). Never had a problem with starting or engine smoke and use it in my old Ford F-350 diesel as well.

dk.jpg
dfs.jpg

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #3  
Personally I use Texas Refinery Corp.'s DZL-PEP or DZL-PEP Arctic depending on the season.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #4  
In the above freezing months I use Power Service Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (gray bottle) and then in the winter months I use the Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost Never had a problem with starting or engine smoke and use it in my old Ford F-350 diesel as well.

dk.jpg
dfs.jpg
I use 32 ounces (white bottle). per each 55 gallon drum of diesel.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #5  
No powerservice for me since UOA from DysonAnalysis were not good. SKip it.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #6  
You don't have much choice in the winter if your in colder climates. You either use a anti-gel additive or don't use your equipment.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #7  
You don't have much choice in the winter if your in colder climates. You either use a anti-gel additive or don't use your equipment.

I would not say that is 100% correct. There are better products then PS.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #8  
No powerservice for me since UOA from DysonAnalysis were not good. SKip it.

Not good in what way? What was the problem?

/ Diesel Fuel Additives #9  
IMHO DieselPower is the "guru" about diesel fuel additives. That said I use PS (White Bottle) year round, double strength during the colder months. I have not had my ULSD :( gel up :mad: since I started to use PS. I have heard that Howes makes and additive that is pretty good as well. BTW welcome to TBN sld :D! Jay :)

PS: Long time since I have seen a post from you DieselPower. I missed your avatar :rolleyes: