Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #21  

Attachments

• gas-more-than-diesel.jpg
    gas-more-than-diesel.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 473
It changes, this was about 2 years ago.

And face it, a lot of drivers don't directly pay for diesel. Trucking companies, construction companies etc. charge the end user more for fuel. And often it's a "their cost plus x%".
Gee, I wondered what could have changed from "about two years ago" until now... Hmmm. ;)

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #22  
I wouldn't live in sunny California if you gave me the entire state. I like the change of seasons and prefer to own the gun of my choosing. Not to mention whatever the next ridiculous thing that Gov. of yours decides to subject you all to.
That's funny. Nobody gonna give you an inch of CA. There is plenty of room for me and my guns.
Have a Merry frozen Christmas and please tell your friends how aweful CA would be.
We got enough people here. Cheers

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #23  
That's funny. Nobody gonna give you an inch of CA. There is plenty of room for me and my guns.
Have a Merry frozen Christmas and please tell your friends how aweful CA would be.
Yah, -3f here last night. No room here either. Gas was $2.79, diesel $3.89 tonight at the local stop and rob. Double double, toil and trouble, cauldrons burn boil and bubble.

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #24  
All of my friends already know everything we need to know about CA. Don't worry there isn't exactly a stampede headed to CA right now. I love the frozen Christmas. We are all sitting here excited that we will probably have a white Christmas. Check the weather thread most of the guys are over their hoping for snow. I know I am. All what you get used to I guess. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now the "Friends" from your south, now they may infringe upon your CA a little. ;)

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #26  
As others have said, Europe uses a lot more diesel and drive more diesel vehicles than we do in the US. Part of it is going to them to help them get off russian fuel and decreasing the supply in the here.

In addition to this in some states, like mine, where home heating oil is not similar to diesel, they are exactly the same thing and there is always a spike in heating oil/diesel prices in the winter, at least there is in the northeast.

I suspect that the price of diesel is also higher to offset the lower cost of gas to make people feel better, rather than inflating gas prices they are over-inflating diesel/fuel oil, but I don't have any proof of that, just a gut feeling.

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #27  
Gas was $2.38 here in TN. Diesel was $4.79

My poor diesel pick up has been driven 3 times since april. Been lucky and gotten away with using the mini Van's for any chores

Going to rent a u haul this weekend since it's cheaper than driving my truck up to where I need it. And the u haul is gas. And its bigger, so less trips

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #28  
It seems that EU there will be not shortage if gas, even considering russia is out of the market.

But still, we have diesel slightly more expensive than gas. Both are ~ 6.5 $/gal.

In Germany "super-diesel" (that's German thing :)) is like 7.5 $/gal

/ Diesel nearly DOUBLE the price of gas #29  
I bought gas yesterday for $2.17. Not really sure what diesel is. I filled my 600 gallon tank last for a little over $1 a gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.