Diesel transfer tank filtering

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering #1  

Rustyiron

Tractor
M 9540 Kubota
Well I've finally entered into the modern world
(tier 4 final) with my equipment. Hearing plenty of fuel related horror stories I'm wondering to what filtering efforts is necessary beyond the basic screw on type filters that I've been using forever?
Of course the machine has its filters that should suffice, but a 80 gallon xfer tank might be subject to condensation especially if there's a possibility that it could be idle for a month or so or even longer over the winter.
I may just be a little paranoid, but this is my biggest equipment expenditure yet.
20230511_103549.jpg

It's got a Cummins with DEF and a big SS exhaust magic box thingie!

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering #2  
Nice! Is that a 15 ton machine? Very handy with the clean-up bucket and wrist!

At work we have the filters on the transfer tank pumps with clear water separators. I believe the filter elements have a desiccant in them as well. As always, proper maintenance is key, and ours are woefully under maintained.

And just like the machine tanks, the tanks will rust less and build less moisture when kept full.

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering
18 ton there crashz.
Big enough to make a big mess! 🥳

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering #4  
I filter my transfer tank with a 10u water blocking filter. I also added a 2u Racor Filter / Separator on my tractor for good measure.

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering #5  
Nice machine. I spent four days on a Yanmar 55 digging 800 feet of 42" wide by 60 ' deep trench but have no experience on a bigger machine. In fact, that was my only experience, but it sure was enjoyable work. I think I missed my calling.

I have a 100 gallon transfer tank for my tractor and have a spin on filter followed by a clear bowl type filter. I have yet to see any water in the bowl in a year's usage. So far, no problems with over 250 hours on the tractor.

/ Diesel transfer tank filtering #6  
I just noticed the thumb too. I'm about 18 tons of jealous over here!