Dirt scoop I.D.

/ Dirt scoop I.D. #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Anyone know what brand or have any experience with this design of scoop? Guy says it's approximately a 1yd scoop.

Attachments

• image-3329681386.jpg
    image-3329681386.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 164
  • image-3850278651.jpg
    image-3850278651.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 153
   / Dirt scoop I.D. #2  
I don't know what brand it is but it sure looks like it would be handy to have!

/ Dirt scoop I.D. #3  
Rather interesting. Most towed dirt pans have two trailing wheels.

New paint on used equipment is a caution.

Last edited:
   / Dirt scoop I.D. #4  
I don't recall seeing a three point scoop made that way.

I guess it is mechanical dump, don't see a place for a cylinder.

/ Dirt scoop I.D. #5  
It is a 3-pt. You can see the lynch pin in one pic and it has the top link mast. I don't know the maker, just it has a trip mechanism and the tail wheel suggests an age when draft control was common but position control not quite.

/ Dirt scoop I.D.
I may go look at it I haven't decided yet, I'm needing to cut and move some dirt around my new shop. I don't have any measurements to really get a idea of its true size. I'd like to find something like a 1 1/2 yard durabilt or Ashland but finding a used one around here isn't easy.

/ Dirt scoop I.D. #7  
Would not a Box Blade move the dirt equally well and give you a lot more purchase options?

/ Dirt scoop I.D. #8  
I would take a box blade over that any day unless you plan to move the soil a long way from the removal area. I don't think that would hold more than 1/2 yard of dirt unless the photo dimensions are deceiving. It doesn't appear to be 3 feet tall(maybe 3 feet wide) and it wont hold dirt when travelling more than 45 degree slope from front lip so about 2/3 of the physical struck level capacity is all you can use.

/ Dirt scoop I.D.
I have a box blade that I I can use as a three point or drag style, I had planed on using, I only need to move it about 100 foot. I'm with you as for the size, if the pins are on a cat 1 spacing then I don't see any way it's 1 yd scoop. He's asking 300 and had it for sale a while so if I go look at it and think it's something I might use I'll offer a lot less.