Disabling Vehicle Alarm System

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System #1  

Creamer

Elite Member
Tractor
1710 Ford, Versatile 150
I have a 1999 F450 gas V10 engine that has an alarm system in it for which the fob does not work. I really am not to worried about needing the alarm system on this old of vehicle and would like to disable it. How does one do that?

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System #2  
The owner's manual should tell that - if it can be done. Unfortunately it may need to be done via programming the on board computer.

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System #3  
Have a work truck with an alarm that can not be turned off... stupidest f-ing thing ever... Nothing in the manual about it.

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System #4  
I have a 1999 F450 gas V10 engine that has an alarm system in it for which the fob does not work. I really am not to worried about needing the alarm system on this old of vehicle and would like to disable it. How does one do that?
Don't think you can very easily. If you could, any thief would do it.

I've read that if you unlock the doors with the electric switch from the inside, then never use the electric switches again, you can use the manual push down-pull up buttons on the inside or just the key on the outside and the alarm will never arm itself.

The first time someone uses the electric lock button (or the key fob lock button) to lock the vehicle, that will arm the alarm and you'll have to go through that procedure again.

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System
Got a lock service to come out and re-program it. They cannot remove it they say.

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System #7  
Its built in and if you cut wires or try other means, then the car will not run at all! The wires themselves would have to be removed along with the switches, then the computer would have to be programed to not recognize that circuit and I dont think you can delete anything in the computer itself.

/ Disabling Vehicle Alarm System
i had a locksmith come out and reprogram the vehicle so the fob works. What a pain.