Discount on Bundles?

/ Discount on Bundles? #1  

Zebrafive

Tractor
John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415
A lot of tractors and implements have "bundles" that let you customise your order. I am wondering if I can buy just a "bundle"

I know bundles are ordered thru sale, not parts.

Should I expect to get the 15%-18% off list buying a bundle? Any one done this? I never get a discount from the Parts Department.

/ Discount on Bundles? #2  
That's a very good question... I'm always "crossing the line" between part's and sales with my JD dealer!

Hard to really figure (for me at least) what you can buy from one side of the building vs the other side??

So, that goes with any discount... how much?

AKfish

/ Discount on Bundles? #3  
Zebrafive said:
A lot of tractors and implements have "bundles" that let you customise your order. I am wondering if I can buy just a "bundle"

I know bundles are ordered thru sale, not parts.

Should I expect to get the 15%-18% off list buying a bundle? Any one done this? I never get a discount from the Parts Department.

The bundles are typically cheaper than buying those parts individually. When configuring a new machine, a lot of the "order codes" are available by wholegoods bundle part #'s (such as some of the hydraulic options) As an example, our parts dept. quoted a replacement front blade for a Gator utv and I was able to sell a complete assembly new as a wholegoods kit for not much more. Bundles typically start with BM or LVBM. Keep in mind, the profit margin using list price on a wholegoods bundle is more than likely going to be lower than the profit margin through your local dealers parts dept. so that would be one reason why the individual parts would be more. It also may hold true that the dealer cost is higher on the individual parts compared to a wholegoods "bundle".