Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D #1  

4running

Tractor
NH TC33D
Guys,

I needed to get some feedback or opinions for a ditch bank flail for my TC33D with loader.

I have narrowed this down to 2 separate options, I want to buy the most heavy duty mower my tractor will handle and of course want it to be as big as possible to make mowing jobs go faster.

1. 65" wide and is the biggest ditch bank flail my tractor can handle. I suspect the second mower below is heavier duty.
65" Standard Ditch Bank Flail Mower, FH-AGL165 | Betstco Sales, Parts, and Service:
OR

2. 57" wide that I think might be better built model I cannot drive this model at the 65" width because I only have 33hp.
57" VL-AGL Silver Ditch Bank Flail Mower, VL-AGLB145 | Betstco Sales, Parts, and Service:

I am heavily leaning toward the second mower even though it is narrower simply because it is built better.

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D #2  
I would be more concerned about the weight of either for your tractor. I think the second would be marginal, at 765 lb, and the first concerning, at 875 lb. My Peruzzo weights only 640 lb., and it's all my tractor wants when extended, and gets dicey on hills.

My JD 870 weighs 2600 lb. plus four loaded tires and 240 lb. of weights on the front. Tractor Data says yours weighs 2500 lb. shipping weight, I'd think a bit less without the crates, but plus any added weights you use. If you plan to leave the loader on that would help some. I don't because of maneuverability around trees and because I use the loader hydraulics for the mower.

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D #3  
it is seem like the biggest difference is the housing thickness 6.3mm for the 57'' vs 3mm for the 65'' then the 57 inch as 24 blade 3 belt the 65 inch as 28 blade 4 belts the ... same price ... its a good question I am wondering what are the odds of blowing a housing casing ?? I mean if you will use it lots and want to keep it for long id say the 57'' but id like to know how common it is to blow a housing casing.

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D
Thats a good question
I would be more concerned about the weight of either for your tractor. I think the second would be marginal, at 765 lb, and the first concerning, at 875 lb. My Peruzzo weights only 640 lb., and it's all my tractor wants when extended, and gets dicey on hills.

My JD 870 weighs 2600 lb. plus four loaded tires and 240 lb. of weights on the front. Tractor Data says yours weighs 2500 lb. shipping weight, I'd think a bit less without the crates, but plus any added weights you use. If you plan to leave the loader on that would help some. I don't because of maneuverability around trees and because I use the loader hydraulics for the mower.
Terry,

I totally agree about the size/weight. I think I am safest to get the 57". I had a 72" flail that was just a simple side shifter, and it was too heavy for the tractor no question about it.

it is seem like the biggest difference is the housing thickness 6.3mm for the 57'' vs 3mm for the 65'' then the 57 inch as 24 blade 3 belt the 65 inch as 28 blade 4 belts the ... same price ... its a good question I am wondering what are the odds of blowing a housing casing ?? I mean if you will use it lots and want to keep it for long id say the 57'' but id like to know how common it is to blow a housing casing.
You know that is a good question. I would assume the chances are very small. Maybe if you backed the mower into a fence or something it would not be damaged as easily?

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D #6  
You know that is a good question. I would assume the chances are very small. Maybe if you backed the mower into a fence or something it would not be damaged as easily?
I mean the 57'' housing thickness is significantly thicker, its double the thickness so it be 9 time stronger then the 65''

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, it sounds like the 57" is the way to go. Ill order it on Monday, and post some photos and feedback.

/ Ditch Bank Mower for a TC33D #8  
Have you considered lane shark?

Im googling lane shark now...................

Ok, you have my attention.......

It appears the mower is hydro powered, although it is not clear to me how. And I am also not sure how to use my rear remotes to power this besides bring a hydro line up to the loader and lock my remote lever forward.

It is nearly double the price of the mowers I am looking at, but I would rather support a FL manufacturer rather than the Chi-Coms. I wonder if they have a combat vet discount or something that could help me bridge the gap.

Attachments

• TC33D Hydro.JPG
    TC33D Hydro.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
The more I look at this, I think the more I need to call them. My loader is actually pre plumbed with hydro lines out to my SSQA.