Ditch bank mower information?

/ Ditch bank mower information? #12  
I bought a Samarie (sp?) hydraulic sickle mower and found out in the first fifteen minutes that you need to make a choice. Cut grass or cut branches. It won't do both. EXPENSIVE LESSON!

/ Ditch bank mower information? #13  
Not much shoulder on that road. I take it you mow from the property side. I built this thing for the hill in front of my house. It connects to the front of my garden tractor and I push it up the hill.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 90
   / Ditch bank mower information? #14  
Great! I too am interested and ç”°ould make one probably.

But dear wife is telling me to quit spending twice as much to build something I can buy for half!

I had about 1000 people coming to a concert on our farm last year, so to make the place look good, I cobbled together a ditch-bank mower. I used a fan, a 2x4 and a generator. Total cost was $0.

It was crude, but worked. :)

DSCN0264.JPG

/ Ditch bank mower information? #15  

I recently (this spring) bought a L6060 Kubota and a mower of this design. NOT THIS BRAND. My grandson has run it probably about 30 hours cutting some heavy grass, brush and trees maybe as large as 3 inches once in a while but 1 and 2 inches often. Have been pleased with it's ability. It does not have as much reach to the side as I thought it would have but have been able to cut larger road ditch and pond banks except one bank that is more vertical. May still be able to but that one need a spotter for so you don't get tires over the edge. Believe correct it was $6,700 picked up at their warehouse. No idea on any shipping charge but they are rather large due to the frame. You must have two remote circuits for it. If you have fel you should be able to use those.

/ Ditch bank mower information? #16  
I had about 1000 people coming to a concert on our farm last year, so to make the place look good, I cobbled together a ditch-bank mower. I used a fan, a 2x4 and a generator. Total cost was $0.

It was crude, but worked. :)

View attachment 657259

I love it!!!!! That's what you call maximizing available resources!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

/ Ditch bank mower information?
I love it!!!!! That's what you call maximizing available resources!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

Though I don’t see duct tape or bailing wire anywhere on this, I must give bonus points for the C clamp generator hold down bracket.
Well done, Sir !!!

/ Ditch bank mower information? #20  
Though I don稚 see duct tape or bailing wire anywhere on this, I must give bonus points for the C clamp generator hold down bracket.
Well done, Sir !!!

Like you, I realized I could probably make my own mower, but kind of wanted to test the waters first. This just really proved something very simple would work.