DitchWitch J20 Parts needed.

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #1  

tdcrabtree

Hello All, I recently purchased a used J20 4x4 Ditch Witch Trencher at a local auction, it starts and runs with no problems with motor, but it seems someone had removed the Blade from it prior to auction, and the Hydrolic pump appears to attach thru a chain and sprocket thru the Blade hardware. So now I have to either find away to connect #1 size splined shaft from Hydrolic pump to sprocket on from of motor if possible or find another Blade setup.

If anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate it. I have also been trying to find a Manual for it, but nothing so far. But it looks like they might be able to get one thru a Ditch Witch dealer in the Central Calif. area; they are very proud of it also for almost $ 75.00. But since I only paid $ 600.00 for the trencher I shouldn't complain.
This little trencher will really come in handy on some upcoming projects, because some area I just can't really get to with my Backhoe.

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #2  
TD;

I have a J20 Ditchwitch. I have a manual also. I think you are trying to figure out how the hydraulic pump is connected? It is in front of the motor connected with a chain coupling directly inline with the crankshaft. I'm away from it right now but I can get you photos later in the week. PM me with all of the details you need. My J20 is ancient but the dirt doesn't know and it trenches like a champ.

SimS

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #3  
I just bought a j20 ditchwitch an looking for a manual .Any one help me?Thanks ron.

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #4  
TD;

I have a J20 Ditchwitch. I have a manual also. I think you are trying to figure out how the hydraulic pump is connected? It is in front of the motor connected with a chain coupling directly inline with the crankshaft. I'm away from it right now but I can get you photos later in the week. PM me with all of the details you need. My J20 is ancient but the dirt doesn't know and it trenches like a champ.

SimS
do you still have this manual?

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #6  
I am just trying to figure out how to remove fuel tank to clean out, but yes I need manual also.

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #7  
Be sure to keep the gear oil checked in the rear gear box for the dig chain. Trust me, they put that gear box on a stump and built the ditch witch around it. Yours may be hydraulic, but old ones J20 had a gear box. Under the plate where the gear shifter is, there is an open transmission under that. Remove cover and oil it all. Oil chain engagement lever, boom up down lever, throttle cable, choke cable, accelerator mechanism. If it's an old Wisconsin, you can set it up to pour a shot of gas in the intake so it will start easy. It has a plug you can pipe to a valve. Open valve, squirt a shot of gas, close valve and bust it off. Starters were not that good on them. Once you got them started first time, it was good all day. Only primed for first start. That rear gear box bolts together like a Willy's truck rear end. You don't want none of that. With lube, it will last forever. Transmission is a T-90 three speed. I think axles are Dana 44 on both ends. Oil them also. Ditch Witch values their parts highly. Don't let the grease worms get it.

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #8  
Does anyone know where a guy could get the rear gear box ring gear and pinion for the digger chain?

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #9  
D.W. dealers are all around...call a few of the closest ones (they are not always the same on parts mark ups) BUT be prepared to give up an arm and half a leg...
Good Luck...

/ DitchWitch J20 Parts needed. #10  
Last time I got one was from bossier city LA. There is another place near Little Rock AR. Maybe in Benton AR, which is LR area. Make sure to keep the oil on those gears. I've changed a set and it's pretty involved.