Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers)

/ Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Being in Western Canada it is very difficult to find out anything about this brand, let alone finding any Dixie Choppers that are for sale.

I first became interested in Dixie Choppers upon seeing the 2004 ? show of Orange County Choppers (OCC) that featured them.

I do not see a forum thread for these machines, but I would love to hear of your experiences, if you own one of the Dixie Choppers. Are they a great machine ? is it a lot of brand hype ? I think they are still cool enough for my interest. I found 1-2 Kijiji ads listed in Ontario, but nothing in BC. Always thinking and plotting ... :)

/ Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers) #2  
Anytime I see a business changing hands a number of times in a short amount of time, moving here and there, or not sticking to their core business, I become suspect of income, management expertise, and application of business principles. I've linked below just to what Wikipedia has to say. Me ? I might find Dixie Choppers interesting, but I wouldn't put any money into a new one.

Note that Jacobsen, not a slouch in their core business, had to discontinue the product - couldn't sell it - until after the production line had closed down. Does not bode well for the brand

/ Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers)
I agree with your thoughts.

seems that they were recently bought out by Alamo Group, those kinds of changes / revisions always seem to dilute the brand (which I originally really liked) ... if I could find one that was 15-20 yrs old I might be interested.

I have a vintage garden tractor - a 1969 Jacobsen Super Chief 1450, love it ❤️ , mostly sentimental

/ Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers) #4  
^^^^
Are you close enough to shop in Washington state? Lots and lots of great dealers and options here.

Mike

/ Dixie Choppers brand (zero turn ride on mowers) #5  
I’ve had a couple of them. I don’t think they’re necessarily any better than other commercial grade ZT mowers but they’re definitely a good machine.