DIY "Pro" Termite treatment

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #11  
Settle down there, I’m just stating the obvious as you did, worked to well. Cancer causing I’m sure, but so is about everything you eat or breathe in life. If it works to well the n follow the money, that’s usually where the truth lies.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #12  
Lots of things are permissible by law in other countries or continents. We don't have sex workers, DDT, and a few other things. We Don't get a legal divorce by stating "I divorce you" three times and kick 'em out with only the clothes they're wearing. We don't cut thieves' hands off with government approval/oversight. Maybe just don't like cancer all that much in this country either. Does anybody want asbestos back because it works so well? IIRC it's still legal somewhere else.

Like most things, the issue isn't so much the risks of the product when it's used properly, it's the risks when it's used improperly.

With DDT, apparently it's incredibly effective for controlling mosquitoes and we were on the cusp of eradicating malaria, before it's over use led to other issues and it was banned.

I would like to reinstate cutting off a thieves hands tho', just saying.;)

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #13  
I might be misinformed but I don’t think there has ever been a case of a illness linked to DDT.

Mosquitoes on the other hand...

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #14  
DDT's problem was secondary kill. Yes always follow the money esp to a marketing class if you have a GED. There you may learn that businesses exist to make money. Governments go broke and deny services without money. I don't know anyone with a job that isn't paid for doing the work. Food shelter, and heat are all about the money but life gets too hard so maybe some of us who are cheated out of a decent living by how things are despite our spouting on the internet should know when we're beat and just give up. btw, what's legal here in the states works well for me on insects.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #15  
USA fruit and vegetable growers are forbidden to use DDT but tons of produce sprayed in Mexico is welcomed every day.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #16  
DDT nearly wiped out the Bald Eagle and some other birds. Word was it caused the shells of the eggs to be too weak to support the youngin's and they never hatched. Since the ban, the Eagle has thrived and is now expanding the nesting areas.

On the perimeter treatment, I'm laying 1" conduit about 6" below the surface. Each piece is drilled every 6" and each end has a riser to a few inches above ground. Plan is to calculate the fill volume and pour treatment in one end until I can see it overflow at the other end, then just let it permeate through the drilled holes. I'll be able to do that a couple of times a year without repeated trenching.

I'll also be able to add a tire valve to add a few pounds of pressure if needed to force the treatment out.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment
On the perimeter treatment, I'm laying 1" conduit about 6" below the surface. Each piece is drilled every 6" and each end has a riser to a few inches above ground. Plan is to calculate the fill volume and pour treatment in one end until I can see it overflow at the other end, then just let it permeate through the drilled holes.
That's a great idea. But...I don't think it works IF you have any horizontal slope from one end of the house to the other. Kind of like a septic drain field. They have to be level to work properly.

Like the idea though. Wish I could steal it !! But I have 10' of slope from one end of the house to the other. (Walk out basement)

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #18  
DDT's problem was secondary kill. Yes always follow the money esp to a marketing class if you have a GED. There you may learn that businesses exist to make money. Governments go broke and deny services without money. I don't know anyone with a job that isn't paid for doing the work. Food shelter, and heat are all about the money but life gets too hard so maybe some of us who are cheated out of a decent living by how things are despite our spouting on the internet should know when we're beat and just give up. btw, what's legal here in the states works well for me on insects.
LOL, good luck to you.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #19  
On the perimeter treatment, I'm laying 1" conduit about 6" below the surface. Each piece is drilled every 6" and each end has a riser to a few inches above ground. Plan is to calculate the fill volume and pour treatment in one end until I can see it overflow at the other end, then just let it permeate through the drilled holes. I'll be able to do that a couple of times a year without repeated trenching.

I'll also be able to add a tire valve to add a few pounds of pressure if needed to force the treatment out.
I wonder if you could bury soaker hose or drip hose and then connect to a pump sprayer with pressure on it and leave it until it dispenses the volume you calculated for the linear feet.

/ DIY "Pro" Termite treatment #20  
<snip>it wasn't back breaking as the 5 gal buckets on this old 70 year old body.<snip>
Having just acquired my 70 yr old body I agree. I've a shed that I need to put about 5 or 10 gallons around. Trips with a 2 gallon sprayer are easier although they take longer. And I've plenty of time.