DK 35 and top/tilt

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #1  

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
Finally finished the tilt cylinder, I now have top and tilt on my DK 35.
2 sets of rear remotes-$450.
Hydraulic top link made from a 2 1/2" tie rod cylinder including all hoses and fittings around $120.
Hydraulic side link made from a 2" tie rod cylinder including all hoses and fittings around $110.
Total for top and tilt setup $680.
Got it done at a reasonable cost and works Great ! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ DK 35 and top/tilt
Nearing 200 hours now and love the tractor, it works great !
Now that I have the top and tilt finished one other thing I need to work on is the bucket roll back power on my KL 1450 loader is wimpy.
The loader pressure is set at 2300 PSI,loader lifting power is very good but the bucket roll back power is guttless and leaks down more than I feel it should.
I do not have the leak down problem anywhere else on the machine except for the bucket tilt.
Any suggestions ?

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #3  
The roll back power on my 1595 is also very weak compared to the lift characteristics of the loader. My dealer is trying to get an updated version of the loader for me.Supposedly they are aware of wimpy roll back.

/ DK 35 and top/tilt
So far my options may be
1. Put on bigger diameter cylinders for more power.(standard ones on only 1.75" cylinders)
2.Make new holes on the quick attach to move the tilt cylinders up for more leverage.( but this would take away some of how far my bucket will roll or dump).

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #5  
What are you guys trying to rollback /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65 </font>

/ DK 35 and top/tilt
RedDog,
If I get a bucket full of dirt,sand,gravel , I can easily lift it.
I can lift till I'm picking the loaded rear tire and boxblade off the ground, but the bucket will not roll it back.
I usually need to lift the bucketfull to the top of the dirt pile,pull ahead and drop the bucket into the dirt pile to get the bucket to roll back.
I think my tractor is great and loader lift power is good, but the roll back power of the bucket aint makin it !!
I will be doing something about it over the winter.
I may start by putting on larger tilt cylinders and see if it helps.

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #7  
The only time the lack of rollback power is really noticeable for me is when I am lifting logs with the pallet forks . Once that longer leaver arm is attached any power is instantly lost. My dealer is trying to get a new and improved loader. Let me know how the mods go this winter. I would not do anything to lessen the rollback angle as it also is lacking.

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #8  
Ok, I gotcha now.

I've dug down before, but have never had a full load of dirt in the bucket that it would not curl. I have dug down in and tried to curl while down in the hole, before lifting and it wouldn't do it. I would lift it a little (sometimes wouldn't lift it) to kinda break it free and then curl it back.

All in all I can't really complain about it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif After all I have raised vehicles in the air with it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65 </font>

/ DK 35 and top/tilt #9  
DK35vince,

Sorry if you already know this but hydr. cylinders are more powerful extending than retracting. The hydraulic pressure acts over the full piston area when extending, but for retracting, part of the piston area is blocked by the rod.

Compare the strength of curling vs uncurling. If its whimpy in both directions, it may be the cylinder or geometry. If its the geometry, you should get a corresponding improvement in curl/uncurl speed (when not overloaded). If its only curling that's wimpy, maybe they used a disproportionalely large rod for the cylinder bore size.

Then again, it could be elsewhere. Once I had a slow uncurl. About that time my joystick unit started dripping so I replaced the seals. One old O-ring was partially missing and the uncurl was still slow afterward. Eventually the uncurl corrected itself and I attributed that to the rest of that old o-ring working its way out of there. Who knows...

John

/ DK 35 and top/tilt
RedDog,
Thats the problem, even when I have the dirt broke free it still will not curl with a full bucket load.
I can back away from the pile and with a full bucket,no curl.