DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater)

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #1  

tabacman

Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
Anyone know what oil plug thread size is on a 2007 DK40SE HST?
Thinking of getting an oil heater that goes in the oil drain plug hole.
Anyone have any experience with heating the engine this way.
Have a magnet heater on the frame rail next to pan as the pan is non-ferrous and it isn't really cutting it in subzero temps. Figured the oil plug was the next best I could do.
Thanks for any input. Been awhile since I've been here, hope everyone is doing well.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #2  
At the very least run a synthetic oil in the engine. There’s lots and lotsa diesels that start with little to no extra effort in the cold weather….far away from electricity. Make sure that the battery is in good condition, fresh fuel and include a quality antigel with cetane boost additive….😉

Last edited:
   / DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #3  
I use stick on silicone heater. I didnt want to use any plug that could fall out. I use 2 small heaters as the drive shaft split my oil tank.
Been working great for 11 years now.
66AA0F19-BCC1-4244-B0ED-1ECF47346C0E.png

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #4  
I use stick on silicone heater. I didnt want to use any plug that could fall out. I use 2 small heaters as the drive shaft split my oil tank.
Been working great for 11 years now.
View attachment 776601

How well do these silicone pads adhere? Have yours remained attached over that time with OEM adhesive?

I have been thinking about adding some to my transmission case.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #5  
Mine have not moved since installed in 2010. When i installed it i put a bead of silicone around the entire outside edge as per instructions.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #6  
I put one of those pads on one side of my oil pan in conjunction with block heater. Works well, and don't think it will ever come off. The adhesive is strong, and you put a bead of 'silicone' around the edge that is supplied with the pad. I used the canadian polar pad. various sizes sold on amazon. canadianpolarpad.com

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater)
Thanks all -probably easier than changing the oil in sub-freezing temps.
Any of you actually install the pads in the cold weather? I will have to do 2 of them as well, similar split oil pan.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #8  
No, i installed mine in summer.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #9  
I put them on my tiny truck in late fall, after first snow, because it was really hard to get him running when seriously cold.. It was probably mid twenties when I put them on.

I have them on the engine oil pan, and the lowest flat spots on the transmission, and transfer case. The truck starts up, and the transmission is warm enough to shift after a bout a two minutes of running.

It was about 5 below last week, and the truck started right up at home where it is plugged in. Drove it to work, and had it parked outside all day, with a high of 3-F. When I went out after work the truck was a little difficult to start, and the transmission was hard to shift for about ten minutes. So, I know they are still working

The trick to getting a good install, is to clean off the spot you’re going to adhere it to with brake cleaner and get all the oils you can off of it. Then put the pad on a clean spot. I sealed the edges with some 3M ”Safety-Walk” Edge Sealing Compound 902, then kept the truck running for an hour to make sure it had enough time when it was warm enough to set the adhesive.

Been on six years, and still working well.

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater)
Thanks everyone. Installed a couple strips on the oil pan a few weeks ago and they're working nicely.