DK45 lifting capacity with forks

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #1  

musselmark

Silver Member
Tractor
'05 NH TN75DA
The specs state 2700lbs at pin, in my case I will have a forklift rotator the forks and a 42" X 42" plastic tank of shellfish. I took the rotator,forks and tankfull of shellfish to the scales and those three things together weighed 2200lbs. The rotator is very heavy, must be close to 500lbs but it is very close to the pin as are part of the forks. Will a DK-45 handle this load. I have a snowblower that I could use for ballast. The rotator puts the forks out an extra 3"- 4".

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #2  
Does the snowblower weigh over 1100 lbs? Deo you have loaded tires? If answer either of these is no, then it probably won't do it. If yes to both, then there is a slight possiblity it might. Here are some lfit specs from the Bobcat CT445 (same tractor, different loader). Lift at pivot pin - 2655#, capacity with 42 pallet forks weighing 364# - 1350 # (I presumed since they listed the weight of the forks the 1350 is net load) so 1350 + 364 = 2014#. And this is only with liguid filled tires and minimum 1100# on 3pt.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks
No idea what the blower weighs, it is an 84" lucknow blower, and I could load the tires if needed. I did not buy the new tractor yet and am considering it. I know this is apples to oranges but currently I have a old zetor 7211 (59hp) 2wd tractor which has an old case loader, the loader only has 2" bore cylinders and it will barely lift this load. The Kioti 401 loader has 2.36" cylinders, assuming this is measured by the bore and not OD then it should have more lifting capacity.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #4  
The bore equals surface area hydraulic oil has avaialble to push on, max pressure on that area equals total force, then geomotry of the loader (where the lift cylinders connect to loader in relationship distoance to rear pivot point to front end load determine the leverage the loader has with available lift force. All depends on the hyd. pressure on loader geometry of the older loader, could actually have more lift force. Not very likely but who knows??

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #5  
No idea what the blower weighs, it is an 84" lucknow blower, and I could load the tires if needed. I did not buy the new tractor yet and am considering it. I know this is apples to oranges but currently I have a old zetor 7211 (59hp) 2wd tractor which has an old case loader, the loader only has 2" bore cylinders and it will barely lift this load. The Kioti 401 loader has 2.36" cylinders, assuming this is measured by the bore and not OD then it should have more lifting capacity.
The 2700lb rating is at full height. The loader will lift more the closer it is to the ground, and the curl will lift more again. But if you need to lift that setup to full height maybe load it all on a trailer and go to the dealer and try it out?
I think your blower will be enough ballast to lift the load but having 1100lbs+ back there will make the tractor alot more stable.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #6  
Your going to be pushing the limits, so I agree, take it to the dealer and try it out....that's the only way to know for sure. I have never heard of rotator forks....looked them up, interesting. Do you use the rotator in this application? If not, think about getting a regular set of forks, much lighter and then you know you can lift it.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #7  
I have a KL401 loader IMHO max load with forks is 2,000 lbs

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks
Yeah I think I am going to have to actually try it out to know for sure. I need the rotator to dump the tanks of mussels. Coobie, is your 2000lb max. including the weight of the forks and their quick attach assembly? If not what do you think they weigh.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #10  
You'll be close, but I think you'll be able to lift it off the ground, I don't think you'll lift it very high though. The KL401 loader is much stronger curling than it is lifting, which doesn't help you much since you'll want to keep it fairly level. With a 400# box blade on the back and loaded tires, my loader will lift a load of paving stones out of the back of a truck that is heavy enough to take all the weight off the back tires and force me to use 4X4 to move. I couldn't lift the load until I started to curl slightly and then, I only lifted it up high enough to clear the truck bed. My guess was about 2000# (plus the weight of the forks), but it is purely a guess. Another guess is that my forks weigh 400#.