Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight?

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
Some 10 ply R1 tires on their way to me, got to wondering if any GC owners fill their tires. Where they are somewhat small wondering if worth it.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #2  
I have not had the need to fill my tires. My BH adds ample weight and in the winter my 700 pound 60 inch woodmaxx snowblower and rear tire chains make it a formidable winter beast.

I may add the MF weights to the front for better steering while snowblowing, but a loader full of wet snow is good for now.

Last edited:
   / Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #3  
I do, rimguard in the rears, I think they are over 100lbs. It helps overall, but I could do without just as well. If I need to replace the tires for some reason, I will probably skip it.

For snow blowing, I take the backhoe off, way to light in the front. I put on a ballast box with 3-400 lbs.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #4  
I loaded with the rimgard, went from 40 pounds per wheel to around 155. Only used for loader work and snowblowing, no mowing duty.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #5  
I do, rimguard in the rears, I think they are over 100lbs. It helps overall, but I could do without just as well. If I need to replace the tires for some reason, I will probably skip it.

For snow blowing, I take the backhoe off, way to light in the front. I put on a ballast box with 3-400 lbs.
I loaded with the rimgard, went from 40 pounds per wheel to around 155. Only used for loader work and snowblowing, no mowing duty.

I too loaded the rear due to my hills and winter snow blowing. I do add chains as well in the rear and I put on a rear blade during the winter months.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #6  
If I need weight I just use my ballast weight, its maybe 500-600 pounds, and maybe even to big for SCUT.... Never quite bought into filling tires with liquids, specially on small tractors, probably weight gain is not enough to make real difference...

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #7  
Yes I have the R1s on my GC filled. It adds about 90# per wheel. I also believe that it adds stability and traction. I even filled the tires on my old JD lawn tractor just for the added traction on my hillside property.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight?
Thanks all.
No backhoe on this unit.
No snow blowing here yet, I can get most areas with plow truck but maybe will get one sometime.
Most of the work is mowing with mid mount but are some short but very steep side hills, of course bucket work, and rototilling. The tilling is really where I would expect most gains for me.
I'll see if the tire shop that gives me big discounts does this. If so and price not to bad I'll give it serious consideration. I can see pro and con with it especially with this type of tractor so not gonna just blindly jump in.

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #9  
Mine are loaded with rim Gaurd. Well worth it, I can pick up and move a full bucket with no extra rear ballast. No issue with mowing 2 acres (no noticeable impact).

/ Do any GC owners fill the tires for weight? #10  
Nope on mine.