Do you drink your coffee black??

Doofy

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
1 teaspoon creamer. Black tears up my gut.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I find no joy at all in black coffee. That study seems really out to lunch. I was watching a documentary on Adolf Hitlers Train and even he took a bit of milk in his coffee.

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Black, all the way...
I used to drink it with a lot of cream (milk) and sugar. When I went in the Navy, the first thing we ran out of during a deployment was milk (powdered milk after that), so I gave up milk, and eventually, sugar.
But I don't think I'm a psychopath...

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
Black, all the way...
I used to drink it with a lot of cream (milk) and sugar. When I went in the Navy, the first thing we ran out of during a deployment was milk (powdered milk after that), so I gave up milk, and eventually, sugar.

A Roy we all know you are a psychopath. :laughing:You buy guns & amo & even shoot them.:laughing:
I drink my coffee with some real milk. :thumbsup::licking:

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Haven't drank the stuff since 2004 , with the exception of when Tim Hortons staff pours a coffee even though they were told tea.
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with being a psychopath ? There would not be nice normal people by comparason without them.

mpham

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B 2650 cab
years of late night snow plowing with people always bringing coffee but no milk or sugar got me drinking it black.

Bird

Epic Contributor
I've heard of many unreliable, and/or silly, so called studies, but this one many take the cake.:laughing: Many, many years ago, as a youngster, I was at a banquet where the only thing to drink was iced tea, no lemon, no sugar. And in my teens, I used to go to an annual all night gospel music event several years where the only thing to drink besides water was strong, hot, black coffee. So I decided way back there to learn to like my tea and coffee with nothing added. It just so happens that I married a gal who drank black coffee all day when I met her and still does, and anyone who knows her can assure you she'd never be a psychopath.:laughing:

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
I cut sugar out of my coffee several months back and have gotten used to that. So far I have not been able to give up the creme....maybe someday.

Will_C

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560, Toro 52" and 60" ZTRs, Kubota RTV 900
Usually with cream and sugar, but no problem drinking it black. Iced tea? Nothing at all, won't drink sugared tea.

Will

Peter 315

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST Kubota L47 TLB
Hot and Black.

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
Almost black for me. Just a "splash" of this stuff:

IMG_3898.JPG

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
I drink it black. My dog is the psychopath in the family

Coffee, AKA Baptist gasoline. I go for the Plain Jane, hotter than a firecracker, I like it best with half&half, a little vitamin S and a fresh homemade donut if I can find one. I still like Dunkin Donuts coffee, went to Mcdonalds on a midnight jurney few years ago and thought their coffee was pretty good.

My wife's cat is the psychopath in my house...................

hawkeye08

Elite Member
Make a pot first thing, drink black coffee all day, reheating in microwave as needed.. usually run out around 2pm and switch to water. I have a 16 glass of water nearby during the morning that I drink also. Wife drinks black coffee also..

Was working in Maryland for a couple months back in 1987, went into restaurant for breakfast, ordered "regular coffee" and it came with cream and sugar already in... always laugh about it when someone asks about regular coffee.

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Was working in Maryland for a couple months back in 1987, went into restaurant for breakfast, ordered "regular coffee" and it came with cream and sugar already in... always laugh about it when someone asks about regular coffee.

I dont laugh when I go to a local yocal store, I sometimes spend ten minutes looking at 15 canisters of every flavor of make model there was invented on the coffee counter, espresso, acorn, hazel dazel nut bla bla bla, I just want the regular stuff, after searching over the stores coffee brad lingo, finally find it, then at the next store the canisters are all switch around with that stores coffee brand lingo, good grief.

sailorman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2320
Black, all the way...

No psychopath does . :D

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
If i drink it, its black. Dont drink too much.

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
Grew up on the a dairy farm and then spent 7 yrs. U.S. Navy and drove OTR truck driver for a few years still can't stand to drink coffee

sailorman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2320
I have it with a sweetener . Quit sugar years ago . But I really much prefer Cafe Au Lait and beignets !! Can 't have that to often . It will put a belly on ya faster than beer .

Ortimber

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota and John Deere
I like black coffee just fine, but a I do prefer a little cream in it. I drink about 3-4 cups in the morning, every morning. I also like unsweetened ice tea.

There are two things I think about when I'm leaving home: Where will I get coffee and what's the bathroom situation like.

DuckSlayer1017

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Massey Ferguson 1529
Black all the way, I like the taste and don’t like the extra calories with the cream and sugar.

Now I have been know to put some Bailey’s in it on the weekends.

scaredychicken

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018),Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969)
Black all the way, I like the taste and don稚 like the extra calories with the cream and sugar.

Now I have been know to put some Baileyç—´ in it on the weekends.

:) - because there are no calories in Bailey's.

I prefer a coffee mocha (1/2 coffee, 1/2 chocolate), no whip cream, cream or sugar added. Or, I will drink it with a spoon of sugar and a micro drip of cream, but around the 3rd cup of the day it's black with nothing extra. In any case, it MUST be Dark Roast. I don't order restaurant coffee, because one batch does not suit all (yuck). Strong and Black is better.

flyerdan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Hyster H50 Bobcat M700
Normally I drink it black, but if I'm somewhere that has those creamers on the table I'll have some.
Unrelated, I get a kick out of the coffee snobs that have to have beans from a certain region, etc. I get a 5 pound bag of coffee from Cash & Carry for 16.50 and grab filters when they're on sale at Winco and can make a pot of coffee for under 35 cents. In the same early 90's Mr.Coffee that I've repaired four or five times with garage sale donor parts.

edit: not to imply scardychicken is a coffee snob, compiled this while he posted.

Last edited:

zzvyb6

Elite Member
Tractor
jd 1070
A couple of my neighbors were discussing dogs they've owned over the years and the subject of the dumbest dog they ever had came up. Well Bob jumped the gun and boasted that he had the dumbest dog ever. Old Zeke, he said once saw me fall through the ice in the pond one winter and broke down the front door to come running out to save me. Just as I was going down for the last time, he gripped me by my coat collar, dragged me into the house, fetched a cup of coffee for me, milk and double sugar.

Geez, my friend Dick yelled "that's no dumb dog, he sounds pretty smart !" Smart, ****, Bob snarls back, "Everybody knows I don't take cream and sugar in my coffee !"

scaredychicken

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018),Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969)
hey flyerdan - come North for coffee one day, I'll buy ya a Timmy's.

scaredychicken could be a coffee snob :) I'm okay with that. after all, if the spoon doesn't stand straight up in the cup, then the coffee ain't strong enough. Dutch kids like me drank coffee out of the baby bottle. :)

my motto ... you can always make a strong cup of coffee weaker (by diluting it), but you can never make a bad cup of coffee good.

ps- being on a tight budget, but still needing my coffee fix - last week I bought the cheapest, crappiest, no-name brand, dark roast coffee, that I could find $3.47 ... it's not bad. I put it in a Starbucks jar... nobody is the wiser. ME BAD.

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
Black, all the way...

I never drank coffee until I was out of the Navy. Same with smoking. Pretty un-military at the time I guess. Gave up smoking a few decades ago but still drink coffee-- black, no sugar thank you very much.

Doofy

Elite Member
Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
Enjoy a cup after dinner with a shot of Carolan's. Bailey's is just a little spendy. Next trip to the liquor store, I'm going to try a few other Irish Creams to see how they measure up.

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
I like my transmission fluid (coffee) black.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
For me that was the only way to drink coffee hot and black,haven't had coffee since 12/10/10,

OP
oosik

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
WELL - all your answers pretty will put that STUDY where it should be - in the round storage container. I drink a LOT of coffee - all hot and VERY black. I see that USA universities aren't the only vestiges of higher learning that give money for - shall we say - strange things.

You all have a good day - keep your furrows straight - your coffee hot - your opinions strong.

BrokeFarmerJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 5555, John Blue G-1000, Massey Ferguson 98, John Deere GP
Black, not only black I like dark roast, darker and stronger the better. I also don’t like to drink lava, I prefer my coffee warm or even cooled off so it’s drinkable.

I don’t enjoy coffee with or without sugar and or cream so I just left out the sugar and cream and drank it black.

I wonder if a similar story is on drinking alcohol.

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
Black, not only black I like dark roast, darker and stronger the better. I also don’t like to drink lava, I prefer my coffee warm or even cooled off so it’s drinkable.

I don’t enjoy coffee with or without sugar and or cream so I just left out the sugar and cream and drank it black.

I wonder if a similar story is on drinking alcohol.

I got tired of the people at Timmies messing up my coffee order of 1/2 a shot of cream and 1 sugar, so I switched to black about 30 years ago. Now they can't screw up my coffee.
When I am at home I get a dark french roast from Bulk Barn and grind it right there on the expresso grand. The pot I am working on right now was made in my French press at about 11P.M. and left to steep over night. Sure it is cold! I won't burn my mouth on it and when I am finished the pot I can dump the dregs on the driveway and by spring some more of the driveway will be paved.
Yup, you can weaken strong coffee, but you can't strengthen weak coffee.

farmeratheart

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD2520, JD650
I've heard of many unreliable, and/or silly, so called studies, but this one many take the cake.:laughing: Many, many years ago, as a youngster, I was at a banquet where the only thing to drink was iced tea, no lemon, no sugar. And in my teens, I used to go to an annual all night gospel music event several years where the only thing to drink besides water was strong, hot, black coffee. So I decided way back there to learn to like my tea and coffee with nothing added. It just so happens that I married a gal who drank black coffee all day when I met her and still does, and anyone who knows her can assure you she'd never be a psychopath.:laughing:

I drink lots of coffee and lots of milk but never do the two mix outside my body! Frank

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
I take it black....................like my soul.

:laughing:

DaveNJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 3550 Loader, Cub Cadet 7254, other old stuff, New LS XJ2025H TLB
Black. Socieopath, not Psychopath. I see from studies that we are about 2% of the population. Sounds about right.

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
I love awkward moments, so I answer:

"I like my coffee like the way I like my women!"

Then you can watch the gears in their head turn. "Uh...do you like it black?" "No, should be sweet and covered with cream!"

This gets me kicked out of most restaurants.

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Gotta have milk or cream in mine. Actually, I really don't like hot decaf coffee much. Like it cold and normally drink it after cold brewing a batch good for 2 or 3 days.

Tried some decaf tea last night with milk. Think I like it better than hot decaf coffee. With the milk in the tea, I won't be getting calcium oxalate kidney stones, because the calcium in the milk will combine with the oxalate in the tea, and the oxalate will leave in my gut. Has worked for 4 or 5 years now in eating nuts and chocolate chased by milk. No kidney stones. Urologist said I don't need to see her now.

Ralph

OP
oosik

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
AHH - your posts give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I simply gag on the "dishwater" some places serve.

mapper

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1734E
Black, strong and hot! My go to is San Francisco Bay organic rainforest blend from Costco. Yea maybe a bit of a coffee snob, but hey, I'm from the northwest :D. I also think my wife is strange because she likes to add stuff to hers and won't drink it until it's cold.
But I've never been accused of being a psychopath.......

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
Make a pot first thing, drink black coffee all day, reheating in microwave as needed.. usually run out around 2pm and switch to water. I have a 16 glass of water nearby during the morning that I drink also. Wife drinks black coffee also..

As universal as coffee is, there are regional considerations. Back in the late 90's, an associate of mine got a promotion and went to run a lab for the company in Phoenix. Being a friendly guy, he figured he'd stop off on the way to his first day of work, and pick up coffee and doughnuts for his new crew to introduce himself.

(Bear in mind that in most Canadian cities if you have a decent throwing arm, you can throw a baseball literally any direction and hit a Tim Hortons shop). He got to work that first day later than planned, and said he had to start watching his gas gauge, as he was half-way across Phoenix before finding a coffee shop.....

Dropped sugar a very long time ago, and milk about 10 years ago. About the only downside I find to black is if it really lousy tasting, you don't have anything in there to mask it. Upsides - been drinking black long enough now that I also don't mind it cold - nice option when I get busy doing something. Also, black coffee cleans up much nicer when spilled - sugar esp. is a real pain on many surfaces, and doubly so on keyboards....

Decided to skip decaf many years ago, as back then the primary processing method basically used dry-cleaning solvents. Water-processed decaf became more available some time ago, but often commercially prepped decaf is going to use whatever is cheapest.

I'd say I'm normally stable, but all bets would be off if there was a coffee shortage ;)

Rgds, D.

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
3930dave

Good story regarding Tim's. HERE's a conflicting factoid. There are NINE OR TEN Starbucks and three Tim Horton's in an approximate one mile radius from my farm.

Terry

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I like regular coffee (usually Folgers) with a little bit of whole milk and no sugar. Do not like any flavored coffee and no skim, soy, or 1 or 2% milk. Never had a Latte and don't want to.

mapper

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1734E
3930 dave, around here if a town has more than a hundred population there will be at least 2 Starbucks and 5 independent coffee shops or stands. If more than a thousand population then you will rarely be more than a quarter mile from Starbucks, 2 blocks from another coffee franchise or independent source, and there will probably be a bikini barista stand somewhere on your way to work (unless prohibited by local ordinance).
Almost certain that coffee is more available than gas stations, and most gas stations have a drive up coffee stand in the parking lot:laughing: