Do you drink your coffee black??

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #124  
Being a farmer all my life, I guess I was a little "slow". Never started drinking coffee until I was fifty.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #125  
Doofy - perhaps you are fortunate. Having strong farmer genes would not go too well with where you now live. The year the wife & I lived there - it was in a small log cabin, up the Copper close to Gulkana and the airport. Around this time of year, Thanksgiving, it finally hit us - we were no longer in Kansas. The day time temps were not going to be above freezing for a LONG time and we, hopefully, had sufficient dry goods in storage for a long winter. I can still picture the three of us - me, wife & Siberian husky - holed up in the cabin sitting around the oil fired stove - it was -35F outside.

Drank a whole LOT of black coffee that winter. All three of us were glad to move down to the "banana belt - Anchorage" the following year.

Oosik,
Only -2 this morning at Gulkana. I know exactly how you felt that November because I have felt that way each and every year since 1963. Always to broke to leave, I guess.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #126  
Being a farmer all my life, I guess I was a little "slow". Never started drinking coffee until I was fifty.

That sounds like my paternal grandfather. He was a life long farmer until he was past 50 years old and took a job hauling the mail between the train station and post office. He said that he had a sore throat one night and decided to see if a cup of hot coffee would make it feel better. It did, and he became a coffee drinker.:D

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #127  
I don't drink coffee. Never have never will. I drink lots of unsweetened ice tea, and lots of ice water. I do like a slice of lemon in my water. Once in a very great while in winter, I will drink hot chocolate. I tried a couple of cups of coffee while I was a deputy Sheriff. I hated it then and I still do. Yeah, I know... I am a little different... Who ever heard of a police officer that doesn't drink coffee? No one ever had until I came along...

Your like my oldest son, he hates coffee, but loves Moxie, my younger son loves coffee, more than me, two sons opposite on a lot of things.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #128  
I need to update my Cuisinart coffee maker sometime, maybe this winter it's only around 8 years old, buttons are acting a little funky. I'll look for the one that makes the hottest 10 cup capacity and doesn't require glasses to operate it, maybe I should get one of those old style electric percolators that we had back in the 50s&60s if they still make them.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #129  
Just can't resist...I like my coffee HOT, RICH and FULL BODIED. I feel better now.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #130  
Short black espresso to start the day, been doing it for about 30 years now, worst thing that ever happened was SWMBO buying me an espresso machine, on my third one now and cannot go back to drinking instant coffee.
Parents used to have a percolator but I found it made the coffee bitter, I think the optimum temperature for espresso making is about 97°C.