Do you drink your coffee black??

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #41  
I take it black....................like my soul.

:laughing:

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #42  
Black. Socieopath, not Psychopath. I see from studies that we are about 2% of the population. Sounds about right.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #43  
I love awkward moments, so I answer:

"I like my coffee like the way I like my women!"

Then you can watch the gears in their head turn. "Uh...do you like it black?" "No, should be sweet and covered with cream!"

This gets me kicked out of most restaurants.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #44  
Gotta have milk or cream in mine. Actually, I really don't like hot decaf coffee much. Like it cold and normally drink it after cold brewing a batch good for 2 or 3 days.

Tried some decaf tea last night with milk. Think I like it better than hot decaf coffee. With the milk in the tea, I won't be getting calcium oxalate kidney stones, because the calcium in the milk will combine with the oxalate in the tea, and the oxalate will leave in my gut. Has worked for 4 or 5 years now in eating nuts and chocolate chased by milk. No kidney stones. Urologist said I don't need to see her now.

Ralph

/ Do you drink your coffee black??
AHH - your posts give me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I simply gag on the "dishwater" some places serve.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #46  
Black, strong and hot! My go to is San Francisco Bay organic rainforest blend from Costco. Yea maybe a bit of a coffee snob, but hey, I'm from the northwest :D. I also think my wife is strange because she likes to add stuff to hers and won't drink it until it's cold.
But I've never been accused of being a psychopath.......

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #47  
Make a pot first thing, drink black coffee all day, reheating in microwave as needed.. usually run out around 2pm and switch to water. I have a 16 glass of water nearby during the morning that I drink also. Wife drinks black coffee also..

Was working in Maryland for a couple months back in 1987, went into restaurant for breakfast, ordered "regular coffee" and it came with cream and sugar already in... always laugh about it when someone asks about regular coffee.

As universal as coffee is, there are regional considerations. Back in the late 90's, an associate of mine got a promotion and went to run a lab for the company in Phoenix. Being a friendly guy, he figured he'd stop off on the way to his first day of work, and pick up coffee and doughnuts for his new crew to introduce himself.

(Bear in mind that in most Canadian cities if you have a decent throwing arm, you can throw a baseball literally any direction and hit a Tim Hortons shop). He got to work that first day later than planned, and said he had to start watching his gas gauge, as he was half-way across Phoenix before finding a coffee shop.....

Dropped sugar a very long time ago, and milk about 10 years ago. About the only downside I find to black is if it really lousy tasting, you don't have anything in there to mask it. Upsides - been drinking black long enough now that I also don't mind it cold - nice option when I get busy doing something. Also, black coffee cleans up much nicer when spilled - sugar esp. is a real pain on many surfaces, and doubly so on keyboards....

Decided to skip decaf many years ago, as back then the primary processing method basically used dry-cleaning solvents. Water-processed decaf became more available some time ago, but often commercially prepped decaf is going to use whatever is cheapest.

I'd say I'm normally stable, but all bets would be off if there was a coffee shortage ;)

Rgds, D.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #48  
3930dave

Good story regarding Tim's. HERE's a conflicting factoid. There are NINE OR TEN Starbucks and three Tim Horton's in an approximate one mile radius from my farm.

Terry

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #49  
I like regular coffee (usually Folgers) with a little bit of whole milk and no sugar. Do not like any flavored coffee and no skim, soy, or 1 or 2% milk. Never had a Latte and don't want to.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #50  
3930 dave, around here if a town has more than a hundred population there will be at least 2 Starbucks and 5 independent coffee shops or stands. If more than a thousand population then you will rarely be more than a quarter mile from Starbucks, 2 blocks from another coffee franchise or independent source, and there will probably be a bikini barista stand somewhere on your way to work (unless prohibited by local ordinance).
Almost certain that coffee is more available than gas stations, and most gas stations have a drive up coffee stand in the parking lot:laughing: