Do you fly the Stars and Stripes?

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #41  
We keep our 4x6 American flag proudly mounted at the end of our pond deck. Lit at night via solar powered light, made in China, of course and on a Chines made flag pole. My feeling is that the Chinese love to keep our flag lit all night, every night.

I was also given a Blue Line flag from my policeman son, but need a pole for that one. In today's world I think it's important for people to be recognized for that which they stand. In my case, for the USA as well as police force.

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #42  
Proudly flying the US flag at my homestead in Southern Illinois, also 1 at my dads place 1/4 mile away, 1 at my uncles place 1/4 mile away and my cousin place right in front of my uncles house... so 4 on the family farm.

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #43  
We fly Old Glory at our house too. We love our country and our state and don't care who knows it.

Reading this thread reminded me of a story told by my Aunt, who was a grade school teacher back in the 50's and 60's. One morning she sent one of her students out to put up the flag. All was well, until another teacher drew her attention to the fact that the flag was flying at half mast. She asked the boy why he raised it to half mast; turns out that Joseph Stalin had just died, and he thought it was appropriate. Needless to say, in spite of the fact that he showed some individual initiative, the flag was raised to the top of the pole.

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #44  
Friend from work dropped by pre-covid and commented about the flag attracting the wrong kind of attention... it is a consideration.

Living in a neighborhood of well seasoned citizens and being the kid has only brought positive comments...

On the 4th the grand daughter of a neighbor up the street was enamoured by the flag... she was walking with her grandfather.

I have a nearly new staff mounted one and gave it to her... they both were very happy...

A few days later he returned it and I said I meant for his grand daughter to take it home... he said his daughter in law thought it unwise...

So very sad that we are in a country that someone feels it "unwise". This flag has been flown by our sons and daughters in more nations around this planet than any other flag ever in existence. It was not as a flag of dominance, but one of hope for a future for those nations. I wonder what the feelings were with the French people when the German flag entered France in WWII vs when the flag of the United States flag entered. Interesting in that both Germany and the US had the capacity to take France for themselves.

I fly it proudly for what it represents. Freedom.

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #45  
My Father-in-Law inadvertently put his Alaska flag up upside down. Couple days later, the State Troopers paid him a visit to see if he was okay. People still notice our flags. Fly them Loud and Proud!

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #46  
At one time I flew us-made flags from a 35' tower. We are in different times now and flags mean something different to each and every person as does "freedom". We have lost the acceptance of other's feelings and beliefs and the right to express those in a non-violent way. I hear the word "freedom" much more now but I wonder if we are a less free society now. :confused3:

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #47  
When freinds and family go tubing down the river, they put in 5 miles up River and get out at our place and since from the river everything looks so much the same I just tell them to look for the tallest flagpole on the river. 20201003_123150.jpg

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #48  
When my sons were boys I decided to reinforce American history. First bought the Star Spangled Banner (15 stars, 15 stripes flown 14 September, the bombardment of Ft. McHenry, 3 march, the day it became the National Anthem), then 13 stars, 13 stripes (to commemorate the victory at Yorktown 19 Oct). Then Bunker Hill, Ft. Bennington, Cowpens, Guiford Courthouse, Serapis. Also US 33-star". (Ft. Sumpter),"35 Great Star" (Battle of Gettysburg), first CSA ("Stars and Bars"), a couple of"Don't Tread on Me", Bonnie Blue (Republic of West Florida). Some were of dubious history (Why would The Sons of Liberty, who met in secret, have a banner?). Others are more well known: Bedford Militia, 1st Rhode Island (Black) Regiment, Ft Moultrie, !st Continental Regiment, and more. By the time the boys finished school I realized I had several hundred dollars in flags; I don't regret a penny.

/ Do you fly the Stars and Stripes? #49  
Growing up the flag was a common sight... Not so much anymore around the SF Bay Area.

One of the first things I did at the new place was install a Flagpole from Harbor Freight (With Made In USA upgraded flag)

To answer your question, yes.

So, are you more or less patriotic than someone who doesn't check where their Flag was made? Added the fact, if you got a US Flag made in the US, why not the flag pole? Running the US made Stars and Stripes on some cheap commie crap fake metal you bought from HF? You're German engineering masterpiece of a car better be made in the US or how dare yoy park that car anywhere that US made Flag.

Of course I'm being facetious, but you're the one who brought it up, not me:D