Do you know what the purple paint law is?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #191  
An old boss told me “anything that is free will be abused”!

MoKelly
i remember reading about a study done regarding free and waste.

a large co put candy bar machines in and the candy was free. they found 1/2 eaten wasted candy everywhere.

they made the candy 5 cents, completely ended the waste.

people are people

just look at the way we waste water.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #192  
   / Do you know what the purple paint law is? #193  
You can walk in the most direct route possible, but once you get there you will have to stand or float in the water to fish, hunt, or whatever you came to do. That also doesn't give the right to walk down somebody's road or use their dock... It dates back to a time when the waterways were the nation's highways... and as I mentioned before is only true in Maine and Massachusetts. (Which were the same state until 1860.)
Actually it was 1820. Hey, Mainers are proud of that extra 40 years. 😁

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #194  
The Lehigh gorge state park is a great example of the state saying enough is enough. (In Pa.) rafters were shot at for floating through several hunting clubs land. The state said that’s that and made the entire run a state park on both sides of the river. I guided that river for years. You still see what’s left of the old canal used to ship coal. If this is not navigable water I don’t know what is. This is just down stream from the attached court case from haydude I think.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #196  
Purple paint has been discussed on TBN several times. It’s just an easier way to post your land. Idiots can still ignore it, but you are posted.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #197  
Actually it was 1820. Hey, Mainers are proud of that extra 40 years. 😁
I hate to admit it, but have told that Mainers and Texans are overtly proud of our states.
You are right though, I should know when we seceded from the mother state. :D

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #198  
The first prostate exam I had with my current doctor, I have been with her for over 10 years,almost made me drop to my knees. She is a lot gentler now.
My "Doctor Big Hands" I've been going to 40 years. Maybe I ought to paint a big purple stripe on my...Were we talking about trespassing?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #199  
Does that mean you can't legally take water from the river for personal use (irrigating a small garden, etc.)? I could see how they might have a problem with large-scale use.
I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.
Generally, Riparian landowners have a right to use the water, but the 'reasonable use' rule applies. Riparian owners retain the right to use water so long as they own the land adjacent to the water.

Hope that helps? Do you also own property in Texas?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #200  
For several years I had a small problem here. There is a map company - Metsker - in Seattle. They, for ukn reasons - showed my driveway on the Spokane Co. map as a public road.

This led to some interesting discussions. Finally, after several years, their updated Spokane Co map dropped my driveway. My neighbors still think it was funny.

For the State of WA - Metsker makes the most accurate maps around. If you need ultra accuracy - you purchase their county maps. Now that my driveway is deleted.

I still have a 1939 Metsker of Spokane Co. Amazing how the road system has changed. Amazing, also, the small "grain towns" back then, that are long gone now.