Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO?

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #1  

Indian Territory

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland PowerStar 75
Can anyone tell me whether or not the New Holland Powerstar 75 has an e540 PTO as either standard or optional? I’ve heard it referenced on YouTube, but can’t seem to confirm anything about it elsewhere. Thanks.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #2  
From the New Holland website:

POWER-TAKE-OFF (PTO) CHOICES​

PowerStar 65 & 75 come standard with a 540 rpm PTO that operates at a low 1,958 engine RPM to provide excellent fuel efficiency. Maximum fuel efficiency can be obtained by choosing the optional 540E which operates at 1,592 engine RPM. The PowerStar 90, 100, 110 & 120 come standard with 540 RPM PTO that operates at a low 1,938 RPM to ensure optimal fuel efficiency. An optional 540 / 1,000 RPM PTO is also available.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO?
From the New Holland website:

POWER-TAKE-OFF (PTO) CHOICES​

PowerStar 65 & 75 come standard with a 540 rpm PTO that operates at a low 1,958 engine RPM to provide excellent fuel efficiency. Maximum fuel efficiency can be obtained by choosing the optional 540E which operates at 1,592 engine RPM. The PowerStar 90, 100, 110 & 120 come standard with 540 RPM PTO that operates at a low 1,938 RPM to ensure optimal fuel efficiency. An optional 540 / 1,000 RPM PTO is also available.

Just to help future buyers: I just got off the phone with my New Holland dealer. He says New Holland no longer (May, 2022) offers this option on tractor orders. Apparently, it didn’t save that much money after everything washed out.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #4  
Good to know. I run my WM75 at 2000 RPMs using the PTO or the FEL/grapple. I don't see dropping down to 1600 RPMs for PTO operations would save that much on fuel. I have all the speeds in memory for the gear/range combinations I use at 2000 RPMs. Dropping the RPMs means dropping the speed and I wouldn't like that.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #5  
Mine is not a NH but my Branson 8050 has the 540E, it's 2 primary uses are on the PTO generator and when tedding hay.
It is great for those applications and definitely saves fuel especially on the generator and usually on the tedder. It also works good on other light duty pto applications such as sprayers and self unloading wagons but it doesn't get used in those applications much.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO?
Mine is not a NH but my Branson 8050 has the 540E, it's 2 primary uses are on the PTO generator and when tedding hay.
It is great for those applications and definitely saves fuel especially on the generator and usually on the tedder. It also works good on other light duty pto applications such as sprayers and self unloading wagons but it doesn't get used in those applications much.
I was told that the 540e on a PS74 drops the PTO horsepower from 64 down to 50. It‘d be nice to have just to be a littler gentler on my older, smaller implements, but I can just make sure my slip clutches and sheer bolts are in working order and go with it.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #7  
Mine saves about a gallon and hour in economy depending on what I'm running. It's standard on 5 series now I think. I wouldn't own another tractor without it. Probably the single best feature mine has and the single point connection for the FEl runs a close second.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #8  
I use the E pto speed when mowing near the neighboring house. At the lower engine speed the tractor is quieter.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #9  
I use 540E when running my 84” rotary cutter in the fields. Only mowing grass so plenty of power. Tractor is a 5100m.

/ Does a Powerstar 75 have an e540 PTO? #10  
Mine saves about a gallon and hour in economy depending on what I'm running. It's standard on 5 series now I think. I wouldn't own another tractor without it. Probably the single best feature mine has and the single point connection for the FEl runs a close second.

540E is standard on the 5 series with the PowrReverser transmission but not available on the units with the SyncShuttle/TSS transmission any more. Mine does not have it due to that reason, and I'd take a direct linkage to the clutch plate that I can feather over a foot switch to tell the computer to engage/disengage the clutch any day and twice on Sunday. It's one of the best features of the tractor. If 540E were still an option with the TSS transmission, I probably would have gotten it unless it was thousands of dollars.