Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #61  
I'm not a huge sports nut, I'll watch ufc and occasionally catch a bears or cubs game, but my family was always into the olympics even back when we still lived in soviet ukraine. I've never once missed watching the olympics, winter and summer, until now. But this wokelympics, no way, what a turnoff! I feel bad not cheering for the US teams, but these various athletes with their protest antics and the Biles drama, ughh! Viewership is down bigtime, I hope it has an effect.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #62  
I wonder. Does disrespecting the American flag on the world stage benefit a cause, or harm the cause on the national stage?
It sure does benefit other countries who just love to see us disrespecting ourselves, yeh. This is the western world wrecking itself. Any athlete kneeling or in any way showing disloyalty to their anthem/flag in Russia, China, Iran or whatever, they'd be lucky to get out of the stadium in one piece coz the spectators would absolutely tear them apart.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #65  
Before i go thru all the pages, is this thread just a bunch of people whining or is it about olympic sports?

Not directed at you. 🤣

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #66  
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics?
Before i go thru all the pages, is this thread just a bunch of people whining or is it about olympic sports?
I started it because I found it odd that nobody else had... so to answer your question; "all of the above."

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #69  
IMO, “does anyone follow the olympics” leaves a lot of latitude as to what can be discussed. It’s really not so much about the sports per say, but about those following the olympics. That would include any discussions as to why someone would or wouldn’t follow the olympics.
Wouldnt follow them would of course include politics, wokeness or several other reasons.
Thats not whining, it’s legitimate reasons.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #70  
As a former two-time Olympian (water polo), I watch & cheer my country but I also recognize & respect all competitors who play for their country. I simply tune out athletes who try to use the Olympic as their soapbox. Instead, I talk about extraordinary athletes who exemplifies the Olympic spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.