Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #81  
True enough. But I never said it was confusing, and I never said I don't want to talk Olympics or sports. In fact, I do plenty of that on other sites. I just thought it was odd that it's on the TractorByNet site.
We usually discuss more important tractor and farming subjects which can be seen in the "Pallets in the field" thread.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #83  
I would love to be watching the Rugby, but I cannot in good conscience give credence to the politicization of the Olympics by many parties. Watching improves the ratings and thus gives a sort of tacit approval of the state of the games. It makes me sad. I remember watching the Games as far back as the '72 Munich games. I got to see the Olympic Training Center and have a poster of the later boycotted '80 games (probably the beginning of otherwise 'rational' countries using the games for politics).

To make sure this post stays on tractors...what sort of tractors do you suppose Japan is using to maintain the grounds?

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #84  
No. Dead to me…

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #85  
I have found the Olympics to be really great for insomnia. When my wife switches the TV to the Olympics I will be asleep within 10 minutes.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #86  
We leave it on TV with the volume down. When the race or match, etc., starts, we turn up the volume, then turn it down again. Volume only goes up when we want to listen to it.

We'll read, do a puzzle or snooze while it's on.
Sounds like a blast. Who gets the remote control?

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #89  
The new remotes have programmable voice activated controls...and you can tell them to beep so you can find it...!

BTW...do the medals say "Made in Japan" ?
(asking for a friend)

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #90  
We usually discuss more important tractor and farming subjects which can be seen in the "Pallets in the field" thread.
Which thread has the hot debates on quilting, needlepoint, crochet techniques and meatloaf recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.