Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #121  
That is very nearly correct. Horse events started in the 2nd modern Olympics in Paris. The 25th ancient Olympiad introduced chariot racing.

Until 1952, ONLY military Officers were allowed to compete.

While the historical information is interesting to me, I still prefer events that are athletic in nature. I don't mind team sports, but mostly individuals.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #123  
The opposite of woke is REAL...!

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics?
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #125  
You seem to be saying that we should be more like Russia, China or Iran.
Nope, merely pointing out that much of the non-western world (and not just those 3 nations), with all their problems, are absent one glaring one: widespread contempt for their own nation. Getting back to the point of this thread, I broke down and started watching. I can't help it, I'm compelled to watch the olympics.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #126  
“Contempt”?… maybe…they might call it bringing attention to important issues. Appropriate on that stage? -Opinions differ.
Call it what you want, it’s also called Freedom.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics?
“Contempt”?… maybe…they might call it bringing attention to important issues. Appropriate on that stage? -Opinions differ.
Call it what you want, it’s also called Freedom.
I only will agree with your last sentence, but can't dispute the points you make.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #128  
My take is a double edged sword; our rights as individuals vs loyalty to our country. At some point we all must recognize, that not everything is about me... some things are bigger than me, and representing America on the world stage is one of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.