Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission?

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #1  

PHPaul

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 with cab, Pasquali 986
I'm rapidly getting fed up with problems related to HST transmissions and thinking about trading.

A factory cab is a must, a gear shift transmission is a must, a non-DPF/Regen engine is highly desirable. Pretty brand flexible as long as there's dealer support and it isn't a Chinese orphan.

Last edited:
   / Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #2  
LS has a 36HP Cabbed Geared. Seems to be their smallest cabbed, though there's a 25HP geared.

Looks like RK's smallest is 37 which should be the same for TYM.

Yanmar looks a 34 is it, but only HST.

Why the focus on a factory cab? There are substantial aftermarket cabs for most sizes.

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission?
All the factory cabs I've looked at are pretty cheesy. I could be convinced to re-think that IF it had all the features of a factory cab like heat, AC, rear window defrost, wipers, etc.

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #4  
Branson 2400 might be what you're looking for. I can't tell if the cab is factory or a dealer add-on, like Kubota's BX cabs.

What problems are you having with the HST on the B2650? I test drove one, and I remember it being loud, but that's par for the course on Kubota's lower end HSTs.

Two issues with the tractor that are starting to REALLY bug me:

1. The AC has needed to be repaired (blown o-rings) and recharged every single Spring since I bought it.

2. The HST has developed a problem with not staying in neutral, wanting to creep into either forward or reverse. Even if I center it with my foot, as soon as I take my foot off the pedal it starts creeping again. I have to put the range lever in neutral to get off the tractor.

Dealer has given me a linkage adjustment procedure which I will try the next time its warm enough to work in the shop, but I don't really think that's the issue. The next most likely suspect is the neutral detent bearing on the linkage and that requires lifting/removing the cab and estimated at $1100 to $1500 to repair.

Finances being what they are, I'll probably wind up keeping the tractor but I'm pretty disappointed in the amount of time/money I've spent on a 3 year old, $30,000 tractor. The John Deere 750 it replaced gave me 28 years of dependable service with one alternator and one voltage regulator (plus of course tires and other consumables).

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #6  
A couple of things come to mind. Make sure and keep your radiator and AC condenser cleaned out. You may be getting excess pressures on the AC if the condenser is dirty.

NEVER leave the seat without setting the emergency brake. We all do it sometimes but never should. I could away with it on my JD4310 where as my old JD855 would be over at the neighbors if I got off and didn't set the brake. It kind of forced me to use good safety habits.

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #7  
The adjustment procedure is pretty standard and covered in my basic owner's manual. As I recall, it's also in my JD X300 Owner's Manual. Just goes with a Hydro I guess.

However, one should always use the Parking Brake, even with a geared machine.

I do set the brake, but the pedal creeps enough to load the engine down and even move the tractor unless I REALLY stand on the brake.

/ Does anybody make a 25 HP compact with cab and gear transmission? #10  
I do set the brake, but the pedal creeps enough to load the engine down and even move the tractor unless I REALLY stand on the brake.

The frustration involved with buying something and getting all the excuses of why its not their fault. Personally I知 fed up with the lack of consideration for a customer. Prices have gone way up, quality is way down and excuses why its not their fault are at an all time high.
Be thankful you didn稚 get a B3350 with the tier 4 problems. A buddy bought one and wishes he could get rid of it for a fair price.
We, as consumers, are the fools because we let them.